Need help before I go crazy on contractor

celioguim

Hello Klipschonean frends :-)

I need help! We just bought a brand new home and I had a contractor install 6 speakers in the celling, 4 1650 and 2 3650 for the rear. Today I decided to remove the grille and I don't know if they used the correct speakers and I wonder if someone could help me out because by the pictures I see online, they don't look the same. Please see attachment ... 

Can you recognize these speakers? The one with wires going in to the tweeter is supposed to be 1650's and the other a 3650.

Thanks in advance ...

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

OK...not sure what they did...you do not have a picture of the 3000 series. they have IMG cones that are copper in color. 

you have pictures of the new CS-16C II.  It started life a few years back as the R-1650-C. Great little entry level speaker.  They have been updated to have the magnet grills and new plastic trim. In version II they went to a new vendor of parts and changed the drivers a little...just to get a little more from it. 

https://www.klipsch.com/custom-install/in-ceiling/custom-series

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the reply. I actually took a couple pictures from the speakers and I’m so disappointed with the contractor ... and guess what? They are Klipsch authorized dealer 😕 they lied to me. I’ve got 2 speakers DS-160CDT instead of the 3650 and CS-16C II instead of the 1650 😕

Edited by celioguim
  • Sad 1

On 3/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, Dave1290 said:

Sorry, just seeing this.  I don't mess with the cheaper lines much so I didn't recognize these.   Sucks that they are wrong, call them out on it. :)   Curious as to why they were switched up though, most people just get the same things everywhere.  

• Like 1