Long thread about HIIIs deleted. What is going on?

MeloManiac

11 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... this is a Klipsch.com forum ... too many negative comments are "not allowed" :D 

Nothing wrong with negative comments pertaining to facts.  This wasn't a moderator decision, rather forum members call.

• Like 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Emile said:
50 minutes ago, silversport said:

you've been around here long enough to know that isn't the case...

OK Bill ... I stand corrected :D 

Reading through this I was about to say something but was beaten to it. 

One thing I can say and any moderator can challenge this. Moderators are not asked or told to do anything like that in any way. 

When some people insist on continuing with some silly conspiracy theories which most would know is not true either prove it or stop being silly. To be perfectly honest we are not told anything outside of the terms everybody should have read when signing up.

Also as I got to know how Klipsch works from seeing enough of it over the years, you can forget any overall weird intentions to trick people. As much as I hate to say it, it takes all there time just keeping things going and fixing things that pop up with general business operations, I doubt they could promote a good hoax if they wanted to.

Honestly, it seems like it is run like a family business that grew almost faster than they can keep up with.

About the only thing that bothers them a little is when people start changing parts and automatically call it an upgrade because it sounds different.

This is all just my opinion from everything I have seen. And they do appreciate this form and fans and listen when they can, problem and mistake-free, of course not, like any other business, but they really do try.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

That's funny but not far off, it's been a while, we weren't quite so old then. Hey if we need to rewrite it I have some Papyrus growing, making paper from it may be a problem. 

I don't remember the terms or reading them but I probably just clicked right through it.

I have read them since wondering why some had such a problem with it. They're not asking for much, just a few things, mostly a little courtesy and common sense and don't talk about some topics that will never be resolved.

Not that there politically correct or worry about it much, (it seems) just look at some of the advertising, kind of a slap in the face of being PC. 

What I thought was really funny was when some said this is censorship we should be able to write anything we want. :o Really, you insist to have that rite when someone else is paying for it and own it, more nerve than sense at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dtel said:

They're not asking for much, just a few things, mostly a little courtesy and common sense and don't talk about some topics that will never be resolved.

I totally agree with the above but we are limited to what the volunteer moderators deem appropriate. Imo, some seem to give up too early on things that actually can be resolved and do so because of their political or personal beliefs. That said, I appreciate those who volunteer to moderate. :) 

Not that there politically correct or worry about it much, (it seems) just look at some of the advertising, kind of a slap in the face of being PC. 

Wait! Of course the Forum has changed into being "politically correct." Remember we used to have an outlet to express differing views as long as civility was met?

What I thought was really funny was when some said this is censorship we should be able to write anything we want. :o

Of course not! The emphasis seemed to be placed on "politics" instead of civility when the BS Section was disbanded. Imo, lack of moderation was what lead to that place's downfall.

Really, you insist to have that rite when someone else is paying for it and own it, more nerve than sense at times.

This is where you are wrong. I didn't agree with how one member handled his HUGE contributions to this forum, but he did make me realize that it's CONTENT BY IT'S MEMBERS that makes the Klipsch Forum a success-- I seldom see anyone from Klipsch post in here....

That's my take over morning coffee.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

This is where you are wrong. I didn't agree with how one member handled his HUGE contributions to this forum, but he did make me realize that it's CONTENT BY IT'S MEMBERS that makes the Klipsch Forum a success-- I seldom see anyone from Klipsch post in here....

That's true employees rarely post, and it is the content from members that make it what it is, but they own it and make the rules.

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Of course not! The emphasis seemed to be placed on "politics" instead of civility when the BS Section was disbanded. Imo, lack of moderation was what lead to that place's downfall.

They didn't want it moderated much if at all, but some things that were said about one religious group from one person went too far and could have looked really bad if it got out, which he threatened to do, and he also gave his password too many people to comment under his name. That is what got it shut down, they decide it was not worth the problems it could bring by sponsoring or being a part of that section. But I didn't participate there because I don't care to debate but I did read much of it and I would say 95% of it was no problem and well done and mostly in good taste, just different opinions. 

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Wait! Of course the Forum has changed into being "politictally correct." Remember we used to have an outlet to express differing views as long as civility was met?

I would think it never changed to politically correct, but today so many people expect things like that when a company uses a few slogans that are not necessarily pc they kind of stand out compared to most who just want to hold peoples hands and make sure they're not offended in any way.

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I totally agree with the above but we are limited to what the volunteer moderators deem appropriate. Imo, some seem to give up too early on things that actually can be resolved and do so because of their political or personal beliefs. That said, I appreciate those who volunteer to moderate. :) 

In a way, it's limited to what the volunteers decide but when things are brought up and the volunteers really see no problems but forum members are complaining through PM's the volunteers ask the forum administrator to look at it and decide how to handle it since he is an employee. There is also a section for the volunteers to talk about the complaints and problems to try to resolve it with a general opinion without sending a message to the administrator for him to decide. I really don't know how much the adman looks here, I don't think much, we only hear from him when he is sent a message. But it has been made clear, for the most part by the adman what is expected as to the terms of the agreement and how to try and follow them.

People mostly behave themselves and do a good job moderating themselves, but there is always the pm's with complaints, mostly from people who don't like what someone they don't care for said or they got there feeling hurt from a smart @ss comment or reply.

• Thanks 1