Long thread about HIIIs deleted. What is going on?

MeloManiac

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

They didn't want it moderated much if at all, but some things that were said about one religious group from one person went too far and could have looked really bad if it got out, which he threatened to do...

I have reflected on this quite a bit since it was mentioned and that offense could've easily happened on the main forum and potentially still could.

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

and he also gave his password too many people to comment under his name. That is what got it shut down, they decide it was not worth the problems it could bring by sponsoring or being a part of that section.

Again, the same thing could be done by another individual TODAY and it isn't the politics but the incivility (or even bigotry) that can be recognized. That person should be banned and anyone calling other folks names should be dealt with, regardless if politics are involved...

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

mostly from people who don't like what someone they don't care for said or they got there feeling hurt from a smart @ss comment or reply.

There are quite a few things I've seen in the Lounge that would embarrass Klipsch but I don't click on those threads once offended. Otoh, I suggest banning "smart @ss" comments (if they aren't banned already) and let folks also give their opinion on topical matters in a respectful fashion--If they can't help themselves ban them like evidently you would now on other topics. There are mostly adults posting here and surely moderators can detect when someone is verbally attacking someone with malcontent.  

• Moderators

It could happen here also your right, mostly it's just bad words here and there or a first-time poster just wanting to post an advertisement or much worse. They now have something new on a new members first post it has to approved by a moderator, it pops up as a message saying it needs to be approved, we just read it and if normal just click on it and it's approved.

There are some things in lounge that could be considered offensive, but some of it is mostly no worse than what was used as advertisements by Klipsch in the past, we haven't been warned of it yet. We really don't want to ban anyone, it's part of the reason they are warned a couple of times first in hopes they get a grip. And then there are some who like to walk on the line of what can be done, there just watched a little more, we really try not to moderate anything unless we have no choice or told to, except for attacks between members, there is no reason, no one forces anyone to post.

There is also nothing saying a mod cant be moderated are given warning points or banned. I gave one warning point, to my wife to see how it worked, she was not impressed when she found out. Usually, we just try to explain to people what's expected and why and mostly even if not happy about it they understand, somewhat, enough to at least try to stop. One moderator was having some personal problems and asked for his account to be deleted and the admin didn't want to do it even after being threatened. So the mod wanting to be deleted followed through with his threat and deleted a big chunk of the old part of the forum, they tried to restore it but couldn't. It's part of why some searches do not work, it's deleted, smartly the mods cannot access things like that anymore. 

Amy asked my wife to help her years ago, I guess because it was about the only other female?  We were on vacation for 10 days in Tennessee and when we got back I read they had a poll asking who people want as new moderators and for some reason, my name was in it and was picked, it was quite a surprise, and I didn't want to at first. But thought it's the least I could do after being here for so long. I think people added my name because they knew I would be easy, they were right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

And then there are some who like to walk on the line of what can be done, there just watched a little more, we really try not to moderate anything unless we have no choice or told to, except for attacks between members, there is no reason, no one forces anyone to post.

So I've been told. :) 

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

There are some things in lounge that could be considered offensive, but some of it is mostly no worse than what was used as advertisements by Klipsch in the past, we haven't been warned of it yet.

Fwiw, I don't think it has to do with "bad words" as you suggest but more of whom our Forum is made up of. That said, I do appreciate you being a moderator and yes you do seem fair--Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Well thanks

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

There are definitely more active moderators. :) 

Yes and it's probably a good thing, I am easy.

I hate drama and controversy, so I leave most of that to others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silversport said:

to give you a good idea of how unobtrusive you are...I never knew you were a moderator until reading this...I just always liked your sense of fairness and evenhandedness...

Thanks,

Bill

That's @dtel he's a stealth moderator. He flies under the radar.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 11:50 AM, dtel said:

About the only thing that bothers them a little is when people start changing parts and automatically call it an upgrade because it sounds different.

That bothers me, too. 

Changes are fine, but it is too easy for a reader to infer that some speakers are badly in need of an upgrade, because "upgrade" is the word that is often used by DIY folk when making changes.  There was a discussion on another forum about whether the Klipschorn could still be considered a good speaker.  The majority said yes, but a number said something to the effect that it must be bad because of all the "upgrades" people install.   As our Queen Emeritus once said, Klipsch has the measurement facilities, including the revolving door anechoic chamber, etc.   I'm not denying that some of the changes might be an improvement; Klipsch themselves has made at least 12 changes in the Khorn from 1963 on (by my count), including one in the last few months.  That would be an average of one change every 4.7 years, although they often came in clusters. 

A somewhat similar thing happens in home remodeling.  Too often people are merely conforming to whatever the newly touted style is, then calling it an upgrade (light colored kitchen cabinets, open plan design, white rugs,  blindingly white interiors, etc.).

• Like 5

I have no problem with Wuzzer or Klipsch removing the aforementioned thread. Klipsch is kind enough to lets us all interact on this forum. If they were protecting their interest, they should. I have heard so many happy people praise their Heresy speakers, i just want more people to buy them, so they get that smile! 

3 hours ago, juniper said:

I have no problem with Wuzzer or Klipsch removing the aforementioned thread. Klipsch is kind enough to lets us all interact on this forum. If they were protecting their interest, they should. I have heard so many happy people praise their Heresy speakers, i just want more people to buy them, so they get that smile! 

Sure. The problem was it was labeled a Review Thread by a long-time poster and my guess the discussion got a little too negative and the OP didn't want it to be a Klipsch-bashing thread--That's my take...Btw, speculating on VOXX intentions would be interesting but could get into "political discussion," which is prohibited by rules...Just sayin'.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, juniper said:

Klipsch never seems to say anything if someone doesn't care for a speaker and says it here, as far as I have ever heard. There are enough who do like them and everybody hears differently, you can't expect everybody to like everything, part of the reason there are so many different models.

Voxx, who knows,  I don't keep up with it, but I have met the founder and chairman a few times and he is a very down to earth guy who is easy to talk with.

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

That's my take...Btw, speculating on VOXX intentions would be interesting but could get into "political discussion," which is prohibited by rules...Just sayin'.

Your right I am sure there are subjects that would come up being it's an international company, can't please everyone.

I know how the founder feels about Klipsch as a company and the way PWK built the company, plus its history, it's part of the reason he left it alone as Paul built it. He said one of the reasons he was interested in Klipsch was because it reminded him of the way he started Voxx. Also being in the electronics business he likes the idea of having a few companies who make quality speakers as part of what they do and wants it to continue running as it has.

Now it is business so who really knows what will happen in the long run?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Your right I am sure there are subjects that would come up being it's an international company, can't please everyone.

I know how the founder feels about Klipsch as a company and the way PWK built the company, plus its history,...

Now it is business so who really knows what will happen in the long run?

The CEO of VOXX owes it to his shareholders to make money regardless how he emotionally feels about Klipsch. I don't think they are raising the price on Heritage speakers because they sell a lot of them but more in the line it will be a special order item that they pace with what does sell....That said, American brands are going through some turmoil and ironically look at Harley Davidson whom Klipsch used to be compared with...Both are great companies but our reputation and policies are going in the wrong direction given international sentiment at the moment. That's my take to your question. 

• Like 1