KPT 904 vs Cornwall for Center Channel Usage

jvs1670

I'm using a Cornwall right now between a pair of Khorns for my center channel.  There is a KPT 904 for sale locally for $400 which I know is a better speaker and it would allow me to pair up my Cornwalls again so I can either sell them or wait till my kids smarten up and want them.

Any thoughts on if this would be a worthwhile move?   Price seems a little high for a single, what are the chances of finding another single 904?

4 minutes ago, jvs1670 said:

There is a KPT 904 for sale locally for $400

That is a GREAT price for a 904!  Go get it!  (I assume it comes with the K-510 horn - check what type of driver it has - and a passive crossover ... 900/920Hz). I have seen single 904's on FleaBay ... but be prepared to spend close to $1000 plus shipping :( 

Cannot comment on its use as a center.  But, replaced my Cornwall I's with KPT-904's and the difference is night and day.  Tighter base, much much better mids and highs due to the 510 horn. I will never go back to using my CW's as fronts :) 

Cheers, Emile

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

The Cornwall will timbre match better.  A La Scala or Belle would be a far better choice.

Yea I suppose I should just look a single La Scala, those pop up every now and then.  Even a beater La Scala would work really, and just paint it black.

1 hour ago, Emile said:

That is a GREAT price for a 904!  Go get it!  (I assume it comes with the K-510 horn - check what type of driver it has - and a passive crossover ... 900/920Hz). I have seen single 904's on FleaBay ... but be prepared to spend close to $1000 plus shipping :( 

Cannot comment on its use as a center.  But, replaced my Cornwall I's with KPT-904's and the difference is night and day.  Tighter base, much much better mids and highs due to the 510 horn. I will never go back to using my CW's as fronts :) 

Cheers, Emile

It has the B&C made in Italy which is the good driver.   Hate to have to pay $1k for another single if I could even find one.  I'd love to try a pair of them for sure, I've read your posts and others, I'm sure they are incredible.

• Like 1