A pair of Forte's between here and there . . .

DanSoloRocker

Found a pair of Forte I's in East Texas (Tyler, between DFW and Hope, AK) in case anybody is interested.  

Does anyone think the price is a bit high for their condition?  No serial numbers remain attached and the passive cones are dusty (not dented).

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/ele/d/tyler-klipsch-forte-speakers/6839792674.html

😑

• Like 1

I have never found the labels to affect the sound in the slightest.  🙂

I will be going to AXPONA next month and likely won't hear many speakers there for less than $2000 that will sound better than the those Forte.

The $700 is a little high for Chicago, but not excessively high.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I have never found the labels to affect the sound in the slightest.  🙂

I will be going to AXPONA next month and likely won't hear many speakers there for less than $2000 that will sound better than the those Forte.

The $700 is a little high for Chicago, but not excessively high.

+1 To that

People price things high on CL to leave room to barter; doesn't most everyone work that way?  You have to leave room for the tire kickers but should know what price point you're willing to go to.  At least that's how I do it.  But I don't over-inflate pricing like the Little Rock flippers.

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

People price things high on CL to leave room to barter; doesn't most everyone work that way?  You have to leave room for the tire kickers but should know what price point you're willing to go to.  At least that's how I do it.  But I don't over-inflate pricing like the Little Rock flippers.

=== when I place an offer on AGon or USaudio I almost always go 15% under asking. I think that’s a fair place to start and not anywhere near being rude with a lowball. And as you said if you’ve played this game long enough leaving room for barter is how it’s played.