Out with the old, and in with the new.

Turbox

7 minutes ago, Turbox said:

I have had these now for a number of years now using them as my Left and Right. Love them, but got the itch. Hoping that by tomorrow, I will be listening to something new.

Such as??? I just got an upgrade to my Yamaha Pre Pro............the new version. The improvements in the DAC chipset (ESS Sabre Pro), and Subwoofer EQ is certainly audible, and the wireless control features are nice......................... but I could have done it more cheaply by simply using the latest PEQ's Class D amps from Parts Express instead of relying on the Pre Pro upgrade.

In your case, have you optimized your Jubes in every way possible? Have you gone the active route, or used a Beryllium driver in the K-402 to get rid of the tweeter? How about following @ChrisA's recommendations? How about unblocking the bass horn by not using them as shelves?? Just asking.

They sound great. Super happy with them. Don't get me wrong, Im not saying there is anything wrong with them. There's not.

As a side note, when you have some semi large speakers, I did need to compromise with my better half on some items, like letting a few things slide. With the final version of this "upgrade" I may also need to let a few things slide and allow her to use some of the "shelving" space. :) just saying. Its all going to be just fine.

So i was able to get them all in late last night. Crazy Heavy. This morning I had them set up for an initial testing. made a few adjustments. Different sound with that big Bass Horn. More and deeper base, no subs connected yet. Initial thoughts are this is going to be a game changer. For now, I have my 402/510 set up with the MWM's. 

6 hours ago, glens said:

Or is it just the bass bins that are being swapped?

I have a set of 402's that I bought and never set up about 4 years ago. I also have a contingent of different drivers as well. K69's, 1133's and 1132's. These may end up being a two way's yet. I just don't know. I just need to more time with them to see. 

7 hours ago, Schu said:

I am left wondering what's to become of the Jubilees... yes I am serious

I honestly don't know what I am going to do with the Jubilee Bins yet. I guess its a good problem to have. 

They are a lot larger when you get them in your room, that's for sure. But thumbs up wife said they looked good!!! its a cleaner look that what I had before.  Back to work, I have a mess of speakers to get cleaned up. F20, old centre, jubilee bins, and some tunes to play. First world problems...

I heard about those comparisons with MWM's, and Jubilee's. I get it now. 

My centre channel is not set up yet, need more gear for that...

MWM's in place.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, Turbox said:

I have had these now for a number of years using them as my Left and Right. Love them, but got the itch. Hoping that by tomorrow, I will be listening to something new.

Jubilee.png

Wow; my wife would love these as shelves :D  Just got some big 18" JBL bass bins and was told "definitely NO." :( 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Turbox said:

So i was able to get them all in late last night. Crazy Heavy. This morning I had them set up for an initial testing. made a few adjustments. Different sound with that big Bass Horn. More and deeper base, no subs connected yet. Initial thoughts are this is going to be a game changer. For now, I have my 402/510 set up with the MWM's. 

Nice, I get it. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, Turbox said:

I got one in the door so far.

Looks somewhat familiar.

They are a lot larger when you get them in your room, that's for sure. But thumbs up wife said they looked good!!!

Yes they do, our wives must be related. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:50 PM, mark1101 said:

Wow..............An MCM and Jubs.  Let's start a club.  So far I think it is just the two of us.

All I need is a tweeter to join. :lol:

Different sound with that big Bass Horn.

We just like the sound of the MWM bass bin.

21 hours ago, Emile said:

Wow; my wife would love these as shelves :D

It's crazy but people have come here and asked why there was nothing on the shelves, they didn't know they were speakers and never even noticed the 402 horns until I told them these are the top half. How can you miss a 402?

• Haha 5