Out with the old, and in with the new.

Turbox

On 3/24/2019 at 12:25 AM, Gnote said:

I would be interested in your comparisons on the 3 and which ones are your favorite ?

First let me say this is my unscientific opinion based on my experience in my room.

For rap type music KP600'S are hands down the winners. They also have the best detail and are exceptionally clear sounding. The clarity of these are what suprised me the most. They are not nearly as directional as the others so i can walk all around the room and the sound stays the same. What they don't do as good as the others, mainly due to the 402 horn on the jubes/mwm's is imaging and sound stage. Jube's and mwm's / 402 have that "headphone"  3D kind of sound where the KP600'S are more like a wall of sound and I can feel the subs gush air by my face from 18 feet away, they are very impressive speakers. My room is in the basement, my girlfriend says from upstairs they sound better than the jubes or mwm's.

Mwm's/402. I really like these for rock music, they just slam nice and clean and have a fantastic sound stage when you're in the sweet spot. They are much more directional than the KP600's so walking around the room you can definitely hear the sound change and you lose the sound stage from the sweet spot. I do feel the mwm bass bins resonate more than jubes do. The mwm's seem to rattle things around upstairs even more than the KP600's.

Jubes are alot smaller and they sound it by comparison. The bass bins don't have the slam of the others. 2 x k31woofers in a horn half the size just can't win against the others in the Slam/SPL department. Jubes are also directional like the mwm's so they definitely have a sweet spot but Jubes do everything well. What the jubes do better then both the others are the cabinets are built so solid I don't hear any resonating or vibrating from the cabinets at all even when cranked to the limit. Right now I am using the jubes as surrounds for the mwm's and I'm pretty happy so I'm not entirely sure what I will do next. I'll probably swop the kp600's back in and then decide on what I'm going to sell. I'm getting a bit tired of moving all these huge speakers around. I've been kicking the idea around of making a "Cornscala wall" that would consist of 6 pairs for the front stage and 2 pairs for surrounds.

Mike.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, Md5150 said:

First let me say this is my unscientific opinion based on my experience in my room.

For rap type music KP600'S are hands down the winners. They also have the best detail and are exceptionally clear sounding. The clarity of these are what suprised me the most. They are not nearly as directional as the others so i can walk all around the room and the sound stays the same. What they don't do as good as the others, mainly due to the 402 horn on the jubes/mwm's is imaging and sound stage. Jube's and mwm's / 402 have that "headphone"  3D kind of sound where the KP600'S are more like a wall of sound and I can feel the subs gush air by my face from 18 feet away, they are very impressive speakers. My room is in the basement, my girlfriend says from upstairs they sound better than the jubes or mwm's.

Mwm's/402. I really like these for rock music, they just slam nice and clean and have a fantastic sound stage when you're in the sweet spot. They are much more directional than the KP600's so walking around the room you can definitely hear the sound change and you lose the sound stage from the sweet spot. I do feel the mwm bass bins resonate more than jubes do. The mwm's seem to rattle things around upstairs even more than the KP600's.

Jubes are alot smaller and they sound it by comparison. The bass bins don't have the slam of the others. 2 x k31woofers in a horn half the size just can't win against the others in the Slam/SPL department. Jubes are also directional like the mwm's so they definitely have a sweet spot but Jubes do everything well. What the jubes do better then both the others are the cabinets are built so solid I don't hear any resonating or vibrating from the cabinets at all even when cranked to the limit. Right now I am using the jubes as surrounds for the mwm's and I'm pretty happy so I'm not entirely sure what I will do next. I'll probably swop the kp600's back in and then decide on what I'm going to sell. I'm getting a bit tired of moving all these huge speakers around. I've been kicking the idea around of making a "Cornscala wall" that would consist of 6 pairs for the front stage and 2 pairs for surrounds.

Mike.

I get tired moving around 904s lmao. 

ps. With all respect you are my hero sir.. 

The "MAGIC" of the two horn based systems is really the K-402. You would be hard pressed to find ANY other horn that helps control  the sound from below 400Hz than the K-402.

Bruce

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 1:32 AM, dtel said:

We didn't know what we were going to do and a few months later we got to hear MWM's and a 402 horn, within 2 minutes my wife and daughter said: " That's what we want! ". 

I can't lie about this, Claude was standing next to my wife, he heard it all.

:emotion-21: I didn't put up too much of a fight, have to keep the wife happy and all.  I looked like this....:o:D:emotion-19:

I had the same reaction as the women did. 2 weeks later, I sold my Khorns and drove to Ottawa to pick up 4 MWMs bins. Owning your own 5x8 trailer opens up lots of Big Klipsch possibilities.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, Marvel said:

The "MAGIC" of the two horn based systems is really the K-402. You would be hard pressed to find ANY other horn that helps control  the sound from below 400Hz than the K-402.

Bruce

On this point, we all agree. I'm sure.

• Like 2

Hi Guys,  Been a few years since I have been on the Forum.  Just letting people know that I have a set of 4way MCMs for sale. They have the Gauss HF 400 driver in the Swaker. The MMTM are missing. If anyone is interested they cen email me at jophise@comcast.net or call me on my cell At 978-696-6247 and I will be glad to give them a history of these speakers. I also have a 24 box KP 600 system that I use for my Sound Co. Actually all the speakers I use for the Sound Co are Klipsch. Here are some photos. Thanks Joey B

BCA65478-0BF9-4073-8864-9C2AA5004AE7.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joey B KP600 said:

Hi Guys,  Been a few years since I have been on the Forum.  Just letting people know that I have a set of 4way MCMs for sale. They have the Gauss HF 400 driver in the Swaker. The MMTM are missing. If anyone is interested they cen email me at jophise@comcast.net or call me on my cell At 978-696-6247 and I will be glad to give them a history of these speakers. I also have a 24 box KP 600 system that I use for my Sound Co. Actually all the speakers I use for the Sound Co are Klipsch. Here are some photos. Thanks Joey B

BCA65478-0BF9-4073-8864-9C2AA5004AE7.jpeg

Email sent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 10:11 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Speaking of "Wildmen," official, or not, there are more being created by influence of this Forum!!

On 4/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, Joey B KP600 said:

Just letting people know that I have a set of 4way MCMs for sale. They have the Gauss HF 400 driver in the Swaker. The MMTM are missing. If anyone is interested they cen email me

I should have been a divorce attorney....  you guys are clearly good for their business!

:emotion-21:

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, Md5150 said:

Right now I am using the jubes as surrounds for the mwm's and I'm pretty happy so I'm not entirely sure what I will do next. I'll probably swop the kp600's back in and then decide on what I'm going to sell. I'm getting a bit tired of moving all these huge speakers around. I've been kicking the idea around of making a "Cornscala wall" that would consist of 6 pairs for the front stage and 2 pairs for surrounds.

I remember PWK introducing me to Jim Hunter as one of his "victims" when I we first met. I can see that there are some whose "disease" has progressed way beyond my own. LOL. It's a good sounding disease, though.