Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

Has anyone heard any updates on the new T5 true wireless earbuds?  I’m starting to get an itchy trigger finger for some new wireless earbuds, but really want to wait for these. 

Thanks. 

C265D01E-B9B1-40E9-8C48-315B408D2F25.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, kipper said:

I'm also thinking to buy one of these. But not sure if the price tag justify its cost

With its advertised feature set as well as its build quality it will actually be on par with more expensive offerings from. Reputable brands like Sennheiser, master dynamic and Bose but with longer battery life 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Chad said:

Available for preorder now in the US. $199.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/t5-true-wireless-earphones

T5-True-Wireless-Front.jpg

Klipsch spec sheet claims 10hz to19khz. Could you really get a 20 hz note reproduced from such a tiny driver, and via bluetooth? 

Driver diameter is .20"

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/T5-True-Wireless_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

19 hours ago, polizzio said:

Klipsch spec sheet claims 10hz to19khz. Could you really get a 20 hz note reproduced from such a tiny driver, and via bluetooth? 

Driver diameter is .20"

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/T5-True-Wireless_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

I'm not trying to be a smart azz here. Can anybody here share any facts on this? Can a .20" earbud driver reproduce a 20 hz test tone to one's ear? 

sure I have a set of Stax in ear electrostatic speakers which can reproduce 10 Hz. Size has nothing to do with it. Obviously you do not get the same physical effect as if you had a room full of massive bass bins reproducing 10 Hz.. With the in ear device you can perceive the frequency but you do not get the physical visceral you might with a stack of loudspeakers capable of playing the same frequency.

13 minutes ago, moray james said:

sure I have a set of Stax in ear electrostatic speakers which can reproduce 10 Hz. Size has nothing to do with it. Obviously you do not get the same physical effect as if you had a room full of massive bass bins reproducing 10 Hz.. With the in ear device you can perceive the frequency but you do not get the physical visceral you might with a stack of loudspeakers capable of playing the same frequency.

So how do you know it can reproduce a 10hz signal? Are you claiming you personally can hear a 10hz signal/test tone?

34 minutes ago, polizzio said:

So how do you know it can reproduce a 10hz signal? Are you claiming you personally can hear a 10hz signal/test tone?

what is you point? If you don't believe this is a possible task to perform that is on you. I am lot looking for an argument. It might benefit you to go do some research of your own. I owe you no proof of anything. With frequency extremes you will find much unusual research. For example when Sony decided to make a reference archival digital recording system they set the parameters so that the high frequency response had to extend out to 100KHz.. Do some research and you will find that while you cannot hear 50KHz the way you do the speech range for example you do have perception that high up, enough so that when people were played songs which had lower frequencies filtered out they could both recognize the song and perceive the lyrics to the song.

At the low end extreme response you will find if you do some digging that as you go lower you have to move massive amounts of air to maintain the impact you would feel higher up in frequency. Perhaps read some of Tom Danley's papers on bass loudspeakers he is the King of bass reproduction.

23 minutes ago, moray james said:

what is you point? If you don't believe this is a possible task to perform that is on you. I am lot looking for an argument. It might benefit you to go do some research of your own. I owe you no proof of anything. With frequency extremes you will find much unusual research. For example when Sony decided to make a reference archival digital recording system they set the parameters so that the high frequency response had to extend out to 100KHz.. Do some research and you will find that while you cannot hear 50KHz the way you do the speech range for example you do have perception that high up, enough so that when people were played songs which had lower frequencies filtered out they could both recognize the song and perceive the lyrics to the song.

At the low end extreme response you will find if you do some digging that as you go lower you have to move massive amounts of air to maintain the impact you would feel higher up in frequency. Perhaps read some of Tom Danley's papers on bass loudspeakers he is the King of bass reproduction.

So why are you getting so defensive? I asked a simple question. Its not an argument, its discussion on an internet forum.

But you must be special.....no doubt. Reliable articles state humans can hear down to 20hz, and that in itself is exceptional. Like unmolested, undamaged hearing. 10hz is considered infrasonic. I guess this is why you go on the defensive so quickly, humans can't even hear a 10 hz test tone. 

Maybe YOU should do some reading.....

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It says that it can produce it, not that you can hear it.  It only needs to reproduce it in an incredibly small sealed space at a very small dB level.  do you think Klipsch is inflating their specs?

I don't know and it's really pointless if you cannot hear it whatsoever, 10hz note.

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

So why are you getting so defensive? I asked a simple question. Its not an argument, its discussion on an internet forum.

But you must be special.....no doubt. Reliable articles state humans can hear down to 20hz, and that in itself is exceptional. Like unmolested, undamaged hearing. 10hz is considered infrasonic. I guess this is why you go on the defensive so quickly, humans can't even hear a 10 hz test tone. 

Maybe YOU should do some reading.....

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

The very first thing that I asked you was "what is your point?" I then explained that I did not wish to enter into an argument about how I know  an in ear headphone can reproduce 10Hz. Hearing is much more complex than most of us ever recognize at the extreems it slides from normal every day hearing into perception. I provided you with examples and I gave you a reference to the one audio designer who probably has done more research in the area of bass reproduction than any other out there.

It is you who deflects and cops attitude. Kindly look up the definition of the word argument. You  present yourself as a clever person so lets agree to ignore each other and save bandwidth. I have no interest or time for your attitude nor your snide personal remarks. That's a polite way of telling you where you can go.

5 minutes ago, moray james said:

I have no interest or time for your attitude nor your snide personal remarks. That's a polite way of telling you where you can go.

Well if that statement above isn't a perfect example or usage of a "snide personal remark", I don't know what is. 

Your written words here speak volumes. Please don't engage me in any further discussions here. I'm happy with that agreement.