Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

I ordered them as soon as preorders went live on the klipsch site, and they shipped yesterday and just arrived today. 

I'm having trouble getting both headphones to connect at once though.  I did it at first with my phone, and then I tried to connect them to my laptop unsuccessfully, and now I'm unable to get them to both connect to my phone at the same time.  The instructions (as sparse as they are) say click the right button 3x while both are inside the charger, but that didn't do it.  I tried factory resetting, forgetting the devices on my phone...  not sure what else to do now.  edlex, k9kids, you guys or anyone else have any idea?  Thanks

16 minutes ago, lebowitz said:

I ordered them as soon as preorders went live on the klipsch site, and they shipped yesterday and just arrived today. 

I'm having trouble getting both headphones to connect at once though.  I did it at first with my phone, and then I tried to connect them to my laptop unsuccessfully, and now I'm unable to get them to both connect to my phone at the same time.  The instructions (as sparse as they are) say click the right button 3x while both are inside the charger, but that didn't do it.  I tried factory resetting, forgetting the devices on my phone...  not sure what else to do now.  edlex, k9kids, you guys or anyone else have any idea?  Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem, only one ear bud connecting at a time.  Tried factory reset, etc. same as you.  The manual isn't much help.  

From an article I just found...

Mine tried to pair each bud individually.  I'll try a factory reset and try again. (still no luck)
https://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/klipsch-t5-true-wireless-review/

PAIRING CONFUSION

One way in which the T5 can’t compete with Apple’s AirPods and Powerbeats Pro is in matching the later earbuds’ breezy pairing to devices — the T5 just aren’t very intuitive in this department. To pair them, you open the case and press the button on the right earbud three times. The issue is that you need to press the button relatively quickly to activate pairing mode, and your device sometimes asks you to pair to both buds — but you’ll only want to pair with the right one. You’ll get it eventually, but it did take a few tries for us. 

Saw this in a review:

https://www.asiaone.com/digital/gear-review-klipsch-t5-wireless-earbuds-sound-great-if-you-can-get-past-its-connectivity

So far so good… until you face pairing issues when taking the T5 out of the box. Sure, forgoing wordy instructions in favour of minimalist Ikea-inspired directions looks good in the manual, but by Odin's beard, these were a hassle to set up without proper clarification. The manual asks you to press the button on the right earbud thrice to get it to pair, but what it doesn't tell you is that you'll have to push it quickly. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, I went ahead and just paired both earbuds to my phone, but this resulted in sound only coming out from a single side. 

Tech support (thanks to Klipsch's accommodating local distributors TC Acoustic) arrived, and this resulted in an even more confusing process to get the T5 to pair — something involving pressing each side five times consecutively and waiting for the lights to go purple. What I should have done, they said, is to just pair the right earbud to the phone, and the left will automatically sync. Which wasn't clear at all from the instruction manual. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lakedmb said:

Saw this in a review:

https://www.asiaone.com/digital/gear-review-klipsch-t5-wireless-earbuds-sound-great-if-you-can-get-past-its-connectivity

...pressing each side five times consecutively and waiting for the lights to go purple... pair the right earbud to the phone, and the left will automatically sync.

This fixed it for me. Press one of them five times, press the other five times and it does indeed turn kinda purplish. Then just sync the right one, and your phone will then ask to pair the left one. Shame it took tech support going to that guy's house to figure this out. Shame, too, that the instructions literally have bad directions, in addition to insufficient directions.

I ordered on July 2nd. My order status still says processing exported. Not sure what that means. When I ordered I saw a charge on my credit card. But it's been a while now and it seems the charge has dropped off my card. 

Did this happen to anyone else? Will it charge the card again when they ship? I hope they did not lose my order as it still shows up on my Klipsch account online. 

Edited by sze5003
Spelling

5 hours ago, lebowitz said:

This fixed it for me. Press one of them five times, press the other five times and it does indeed turn kinda purplish. Then just sync the right one, and your phone will then ask to pair the left one. Shame it took tech support going to that guy's house to figure this out. Shame, too, that the instructions literally have bad directions, in addition to insufficient directions.

This worked for me as well. Thank you!!

Just a note for anyone having issues - make sure the lights on both buds are purple (blue?) and then pair just the Right one. It should then ask you if you want to pair the Left as well.  Don't try to manually pair the Left one. 

14 hours ago, lebowitz said:

I had the same thing happen when I tried to connect them to my Apple Watch after having connected them to my iPhone. I called tech support and they went through the same reset and re-pairing process but it didn't work. I got off the phone and continued to reset and re-pair until they finally connected to my phone again. Something about connecting to a second device disconnects them from each other I assume. Hopefully when the app goes live this will be addressed with a firmware update. I'm still waiting for a call back from tech support so I'll ask if there is an ETA for this fix. 

2 hours ago, sze5003 said:

I ordered on July 2nd. My order status still says processing exported. Not sure what that means. When I ordered I saw a charge on my credit card. But it's been a while now and it seems the charge has dropped off my card. 

Did this happen to anyone else? Will it charge the card again when they ship? I hope they did not lose my order as it still shows up on my Klipsch account online. 

Same happened to me and my card was charged after they shipped. Don't worry 

2 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

This worked for me as well. Thank you!!

Just a note for anyone having issues - make sure the lights on both buds are purple (blue?) and then pair just the Right one. It should then ask you if you want to pair the Left as well.  Don't try to manually pair the Left one. 

8 hours ago, lebowitz said:

It's funny that my tech support rep had no idea about the pressing 5 times. He kept having me press them 3 times each and try connecting the left as well as the right. He kept saying it didn't matter which one you connected first the other would automatically connect. When he contacts me again I'll let him know about the 5 presses on each bud to reconnect them to each other.

I am curious if anyone has managed to connect them to a second device without causing them to unpair from each other? 

57 minutes ago, edlex said:

Same happened to me and my card was charged after they shipped. Don't worry 

Ah good to know. I'm excited to get these! I've been using my jaybird x3's at the gym and I can imagine the T5's will sound so much better. 

2 minutes ago, sze5003 said:

Ah good to know. I'm excited to get these! I've been using my jaybird x3's at the gym and I can imagine the T5's will sound so much better. 

Once you have achieved a good seal they sound amazing . Surprisingly strong bass with great sound isolation. 

Just received mine and they paired immediately. Sorry some of you guys are having issues.  I’m really enjoying them so far. I’m excited for the app to be released in late August.  

The zippo is neat too. 👍

I’ve tried to connect to two devices with no luck so far.  Mine did not connect automatically the day after they were initially setup. 

Day 1: used for about 1.5 - 2 hours with no issues

Day 2: issues connecting initially.  Then, once it finally connected, the left side went in and out during the workout. I had to turn both off and reset once during the workout for them to connect  again. Also, I noticed while walking to the car the audio went in and out about every other step. 

I’ll use them later this evening back in the gym and post another update. 

5 hours ago, lakedmb said:

I’ve tried to connect to two devices with no luck so far.  Mine did not connect automatically the day after they were initially setup. 

Day 1: used for about 1.5 - 2 hours with no issues

Day 2: issues connecting initially.  Then, once it finally connected, the left side went in and out during the workout. I had to turn both off and reset once during the workout for them to connect  again. Also, I noticed while walking to the car the audio went in and out about every other step. 

I’ll use them later this evening back in the gym and post another update. 

I wonder if it's related to how they were first synced with the phone. Other users mentioned pressing each earbud 5 times to get them in sync mode vs three times like the manual states. 

I also wonder if a reboot of the phone may relieve the disconnects and skipping. 

At the gym do you keep the Zippo case with you? I was hoping when I get mine and go to the gym that I can just take them out and leave the case in my bag in the locker. 

2 hours ago, sze5003 said:

I wonder if it's related to how they were first synced with the phone. Other users mentioned pressing each earbud 5 times to get them in sync mode vs three times like the manual states. 

I also wonder if a reboot of the phone may relieve the disconnects and skipping. 

At the gym do you keep the Zippo case with you? I was hoping when I get mine and go to the gym that I can just take them out and leave the case in my bag in the locker. 

Possibly. Today they immediately paired. Still skipped while walking through the parking lot though. I leave the case in the car.  They’re incredibly comfortable and lightweight.