Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

I spent a couple of fruitless hours this morning trying to pair my new Klipsh T5s with my iPhone X. I was able to pair them yesterday (after some fiddling) but today no luck. I got the left one to pair at one point, then the right one, but as soon as one earbud paired, then the other one shut down. So I got audio in one ear even though the phone says both are connected. I tried every suggestion I found in this thread - three presses, five presses, etc. I've reset both the earbuds and the phone, still nothing. At this point I'm ready to return them and move on, but I have this irrational expectation that the Magic Solution will turn up. If anyone has it, please let me know.

As others have pointed out, the manual is no help at all.

Sheesh, with all the pairing issues and the average reviews, I'm leaning towards cancelling my pre-order. Would think Klipsch would be at least on top of releasing their app before sending out the product. This does not look good.

5 hours ago, slgerb said:

Sheesh, with all the pairing issues and the average reviews, I'm leaning towards cancelling my pre-order. Would think Klipsch would be at least on top of releasing their app before sending out the product. This does not look good.

I too was a bit concerned that the app wasn't even out by the time they started shipping them. Another user a page back mention they skip playback when you walk with them.  Hopefully they come out with a proper solution or firmware update. Is it possible to update the firmware on these? I feel like it may be through the app.  I'm looking forward to to mine but they have not shipped so reading this makes me worried as I gave up on buying alternative true wireless buds for these. 

18 hours ago, sze5003 said:

I too was a bit concerned that the app wasn't even out by the time they started shipping them. Another user a page back mention they skip playback when you walk with them.  Hopefully they come out with a proper solution or firmware update. Is it possible to update the firmware on these? I feel like it may be through the app.  I'm looking forward to to mine but they have not shipped so reading this makes me worried as I gave up on buying alternative true wireless buds for these. 

I just cancelled mine. Sorry Klipsch, wish you guys handled the release better. Pairing issues is the reason why I'm moving away from my current buds. And those call quality reviews are pretty rough. 

52 minutes ago, slgerb said:

I just cancelled mine. Sorry Klipsch, wish you guys handled the release better. Pairing issues is the reason why I'm moving away from my current buds. And those call quality reviews are pretty rough. 

I haven't seen to many reviews on them but I did see two new ones on YouTube. Call quality isn't amazing on other wireless buds either. But pairing problems are a big concern. I did see one reviewer mentioned the first set would never pair so Klipsch had to send him another set. 

Not going to lie, the Sony wf 1000 xmx3's are looking good at this point. They also seem to be reviewing well. I hope Klipsch has the application out soon. I'm hoping a firmware update can alleviate some of the pairing issues or general problems. 

After about a week of use, here's my impressions. 
Pairing was a nightmare, but once paired they've stayed paired with no issues.  (I only pair them with a single device)

Music quality is outstanding. Fantastic bass so long as I have a good seal to my ears. Still swapping ear bud tips to find the sweet spot between sound quality and comfort. 

I haven't used it much for phone calls, but one person did say it sounded like I was on a speaker phone. I'll experiment more with that. I was only using 1 ear bud at the time. I'll see if using both helps. 

There is an issue using it with Google Maps on my phone. The audio cuts off the first bit of the directions. It's still understandable, but none of the other Bluetooth devices I've used with it have that issue, including my Klipsch neckband headphones. Instead of saying "Take the first right on..." all I'll get its "...first right on..."  It's a bit abrupt. 

I love the charging case, although it's a bit chunky. I think it could have been slimmed down some considering how the sides bow out.  Both the case and headphones have a quality feel and battery life has been excellent.  

Overall, I'm happy and like them; however, the issues I've experienced should not happen at this price point with a product that considers themselves a premium brand.  Klipsch has created a wonderful product with a few glaring issues that can potentially ruin the user experience. I'm hoping a firmware update fixes the few issues I've noticed. 

I talked to Zach (I'm pretty sure that was his name) in customer service about my inability to pair my iPnone X with the T5 earbuds. he provided the following procedure:

Forget devices on the iPhone.

Put both earbuds in the case.

Press both buttons and hold for eight seconds to reset them. The lights should be the same color or off.

Take the left earbud out of the case and pair it with the phone.

Then take the right earbud out; it should pair automatically.

It worked! Not right away - I had to give it a couple of tries - but both buds are working now, and now they pair with the iPhone automatically when I take them out. What's going to happen the first time I try to pair them with my laptop and then try to go back to the iPhone,, I dunno. But at least I can use them now, and (like everyone else) I'm hoping for more stability when the app and an update arrive.

11 hours ago, Enoch Soames said:

I talked to Zach (I'm pretty sure that was his name) in customer service about my inability to pair my iPnone X with the T5 earbuds. he provided the following procedure:

Press both buttons and hold for eight seconds to reset them. The lights should be the same color or off.

It worked! Not right away - I had to give it a couple of tries - but both buds are working now, and now they pair with the iPhone automatically when I take them out. What's going to happen the first time I try to pair them with my laptop and then try to go back to the iPhone,, I dunno. But at least I can use them now, and (like everyone else) I'm hoping for more stability when the app and an update arrive.

Zach is a really great guy. He helped me during my issues. 

On 7/30/2019 at 4:19 PM, sze5003 said:

I haven't seen to many reviews on them but I did see two new ones on YouTube. Call quality isn't amazing on other wireless buds either. But pairing problems are a big concern. I did see one reviewer mentioned the first set would never pair so Klipsch had to send him another set. 

Not going to lie, the Sony wf 1000 xmx3's are looking good at this point. They also seem to be reviewing well. I hope Klipsch has the application out soon. I'm hoping a firmware update can alleviate some of the pairing issues or general problems. 

I got my Sony WF-1000XM3 on Monday and they are really great. Both the Sony’s and the Klipsch have their pro’s and cons but I love them both for different reasons. Sound goes to the Sony because of the noise canceling and the configurability with the Sony app which allows ambient sound if you need it. Pairing is easier with the Sony because they show up as one device as opposed to the Klipsch that designates a left and right bud. Range goes to the Sony but versatility goes to the Klipsch because the buds can be worn on either ear where the Sony’s have a designated left and right bud. Case is smaller on the Klipsch. The Klipsch definitely needs the app to update it’s currently buggy firmware and unlock its EQ/ambient sound features. Hopefully it will release this month from what I’ve heard. 

3 hours ago, edlex said:

I got my Sony WF-1000XM3 on Monday and they are really great. Both the Sony’s and the Klipsch have their pro’s and cons but I love them both for different reasons. Sound goes to the Sony because of the noise canceling and the configurability with the Sony app which allows ambient sound if you need it. Pairing is easier with the Sony because they show up as one device as opposed to the Klipsch that designates a left and right bud. Range goes to the Sony but versatility goes to the Klipsch because the buds can be worn on either ear where the Sony’s have a designated left and right bud. Case is smaller on the Klipsch. The Klipsch definitely needs the app to update it’s currently buggy firmware and unlock its EQ/ambient sound features. Hopefully it will release this month from what I’ve heard. 

Thanks for the quick review. The only downside to the Sony's for me would be I go to the gym a lot and they are not ip rated for getting swear / water on them. Not talking waterproof but you know, sweat and splash proof at least. 

I'm going to wait for my T5's to arrive, still no shipping email but I sure hope they get the app out there soon so that firmware could be delivered properly and maybe fix the synching issues. 

16 hours ago, Enoch Soames said:

Great info!  I'll keep that in mind if there are any future pairing issues.  Not long after my review above I lost pairing on mine and had to try a few times to re-pair them.  The lost pairing could have been my fault, though. I'm not sure.  So far other than that one anomaly they connect reasonably quickly when I take them out of the case and have no issue using one at a time or both.  I frequently use only 1 ear bud at work or on phone calls. I can add or remove the 2nd bud while the first one is in use and it has no problem with that.   

4 hours ago, sze5003 said:

Thanks for the quick review. The only downside to the Sony's for me would be I go to the gym a lot and they are not ip rated for getting swear / water on them. Not talking waterproof but you know, sweat and splash proof at least. 

I'm going to wait for my T5's to arrive, still no shipping email but I sure hope they get the app out there soon so that firmware could be delivered properly and maybe fix the synching issues. 

I was concerned about the lack of ip rating as well. I bought them from Best Buy so I added the Geek Squad insurance just in case. That should get me through the next year until the MX4’s come out. 

16 hours ago, edlex said:

I was concerned about the lack of ip rating as well. I bought them from Best Buy so I added the Geek Squad insurance just in case. That should get me through the next year until the MX4’s come out. 

That's a good point. The Sony's would be the runner up for me if for whatever reason the T5's have to be sent back whenever I get them due to issues. I'd also get the protection plan knowing I would use them in the gym the most. 

I received mine last week.  The sound is good.  I have 1 main issue which morphs into 2.  The large ear tips are too small for me.  The buds simply fall out.  That lead me to try one of the Comply foam tips (I typically buy these for my headphones/earbuds and have various ones around).  I believe it is the T100 that works with these.  Those work fine but then came the second issue.  There is no room in the charger for larger foam tips.  I have to remove the tips if I want to charge the buds and the removed tips won't fit loosely in the charger either.  I feel this is a major oversite by charger designer … too much work to make it cool, but not enough to make it functional for some practical purposes. 

On 8/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, GregS said:

I received mine last week.  The sound is good.  I have 1 main issue which morphs into 2.  The large ear tips are too small for me.  The buds simply fall out.  That lead me to try one of the Comply foam tips (I typically buy these for my headphones/earbuds and have various ones around).  I believe it is the T100 that works with these.  Those work fine but then came the second issue.  There is no room in the charger for larger foam tips.  I have to remove the tips if I want to charge the buds and the removed tips won't fit loosely in the charger either.  I feel this is a major oversite by charger designer … too much work to make it cool, but not enough to make it functional for some practical purposes. 

I would guess this is true for all true wireless earbuds charging cases. Maybe they’ll release a home charging station in the future that could accommodate non-factory tips. 

I will say that the case keeps them charged for an incredibly long time. 

Mine still have not shipped. I was hoping they would have been on their way. Going on some flights after next week and it would have been helpful to have these. 

At this point I'm thinking of cancelling the preorder and just picking up the Sony's so I have a working pair with me. 

Edited by sze5003

On 8/1/2019 at 10:03 AM, Enoch Soames said:

Got a response from Zach this morning that 'the app is going to be coming out around the end of August or the beginning of September.'

Along with a few more reasons this is why I have not ordered mine yet. In this day and age when you release a product like this the app should be released at the same time. I'm sure they are great but I will wait a few months to see what happens with the app and pairing updates forthcoming.

• Like 1

So after using it a bit more, I've run across a strange issue.  It seems to cut out repeatedly when I'm listening to music with my phone in my back pocket.  I was going to listen to music while mowing my lawn and noticed it, so I though it might be some weird interference from the mower. But, it does it without the mower running as well.  When seated at my desk, the connection is stable and the sound quality is always great. 

I never had this problem with my old R6 neckband.  The only problem it had was the rubber covering on the buttons curling up, which appears to be a common problem. 

I really want to like these. The sound is great. They look good. The battery life is excellent. But these annoying connectivity and pairing issues make using them more and more frustrating. 

I have been really enjoying my T5’s so far! I feel like they are a firmware update away from excellence. Earbuds are always uncomfortable for me, and these are the first that are comfortable even after several hours. Sound is excellent. I Currently have issues with call quality, as the 4 mics are facing to the rear, not toward the mouth. So I sound like I am on a speakerphone, and background noise does not get filtered out. Sounds such as shuffling paper, etc are just as loud as my voice to people on the call. Compared to Powerbeats Pro and AirPods, those have forward facing mics, my voice is much clearer and louder than the T5. I suspect this could be somewhat fixed in firmware however. It’s strange that while they have 4 mics, they are in close pairs and facing away from the mouth.  

Edited by SethR