Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

I'm still wired. Waiting for all this to be ironed out as I'm not one to be an early adopter. I'm none to kind for failure or lack of planning when it comes to $$$. OTOH if it's done well I'll sing praises about it. Klipsch should have given these away to all their employees as a test run (After signing non disclosure agreements etc) as I'm sure they all have different phones. These bugs could have been resolved "in-house". 

Waiting till Christmas or the next gen otherwise I'll go Sennheiser/Sony.

• Like 1

I am still waiting for mine to ship. Not sure what's going on. Someone in Reddit mentioned they contacted support and they said the next batch should ship this week. If I don't hear anything I'll probably cancel and go with the Sony even through they are not water resistant. 

Anyone receive a shipping confirmation yet this week for preorders? Early last week I was told they would ship end of last week, this week I was told they would ship end of this week. The suspense is killing me as I really want to try these out. Thanks guys!! 

@WhammyBarsI did. It broke my heart but I returned them. The mic was unusable. Tried to make it work by using an old Jabra Bluetooth mic for calls, but switching one headset out for another felt unacceptable. I believe it’s because all 4 mics are facing to the rear, into your earlobes. So it picks up every sound terribly. But dang do they sound good for music. If I didn’t have a job I would keep them... but then again I wouldn’t be buying $200 earphones either. 

Edited by SethR

13 hours ago, klockz said:

Anyone receive a shipping confirmation yet this week for preorders? Early last week I was told they would ship end of last week, this week I was told they would ship end of this week. The suspense is killing me as I really want to try these out. Thanks guys!! 

Yesterday I noticed a pending charge on my card like I did when I first pre ordered in July. I figured they would ship as support had said similar to you. 

Today that pending charge is off my card again. No shipping email either. I will wait until the end of the week and if nothing by then I'm going to cancel mine. 

I've since used these a bit for listening to music while out and about. Mine skipped also with phone in pocket, but seemed to be fine with phone held still, waste high. Not sure this is something they are going to fix with firmware update. 

Mine arrived on the 22nd. I used them yesterday for a while around the house. I didn't have any initial pairing issues. I just charged the case fully, then opened it and tapped the right headphone 3 times. It turned blue and then I went to my Pixel 3XL Bluetooth and paired the right one only. I tried taking them in and out the case many times and they paired up each time.

The only pairing issue I had was this morning when I took the right one out and put it in my ear only to find out that they never paired to my phone. I had to factory reset them by putting them in the case and pressing the right one 5 times then the left bud 5 times. They flashed red then blue, then back to red and the lights on the case also blinked. I had to then repair them with my phone. Not sure why this happened and if it will happen again.

Audio quality is good, I like that they are not too bassy. They are very clear and get decently loud as you turn up the volume near the max amount. I am enjoying them so far and I hope the app will have more options as well as firmware updates to stabilize the connection. The FAQ states the app should be available in the Fall?

Range seems to be an issue. In my 2 bedroom apartment if I leave the phone in my room and walk to the kitchen which is about 10-12 feet away, I get skipping and pausing on both earbuds. I have not tried them out at the gym but I will be taking them to workout tomorrow. For me the standard earpieces work fine. I tried the large ones and it makes them stick out of my ears too much and the smallest size ear pieces don't seem to be as snug in my ears as the default ones. I am curious how the new Sony's sound but I don't think I want to return them and get those unless I start having major connection or pairing issues with the T5's.

Another thought, the case top seems a bit flimsy. Opens way too easily. Is this the same for anyone else?

If I were to shake it a good amount the top comes open. Not sure if this is by design and normal or an issue.

Edited by sze5003

On 8/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, SethR said:

@WhammyBarsI did. It broke my heart but I returned them. The mic was unusable. Tried to make it work by using an old Jabra Bluetooth mic for calls, but switching one headset out for another felt unacceptable. I believe it’s because all 4 mics are facing to the rear, into your earlobes. So it picks up every sound terribly. But dang do they sound good for music. If I didn’t have a job I would keep them... but then again I wouldn’t be buying $200 earphones either. 

@SethR Fortunately I don't really use the mics very often. But damn this is unacceptable.

I've used mine many times when on the phone with my girlfriend and I didn't seem to have any issues with the mic so maybe something was wrong with the ones you had? She said I sounded pretty clear and I could also hear her fine without distortion. 

I took them to the gym yesterday and they didn't fall out but I did have to adjust them in my ears a few times. They don't seem to have one way to go into your ears which means you have to rotate them now and then to get them to fit correctly. It's not exactly fool proof and the only way I can tell if they are not in right is if they sort of stick out a bit. 

I may have spoke too soon about the mics. After using them on calls from Saturday onward, last night I was told there is a hissing sound, similar to white noise or something like when your tv has no channel available. 

On my end I kept hearing a hollow noise throughout the call sort of like someone was exhaling now and then. It was also a video call through Duo with my girlfriend so I mentioned let's not say anything for a second and see if it's still there. I still heard it and she mentioned she heard fuzziness similar to the tv example. 

Very odd as I didn't encounter this a few days ago. I'll test them out some more but if it keeps occurring, I may need to send them back before the 30 days are up. Disappointing as I do enjoy them a lot for music. 

Edited by sze5003

21 hours ago, sze5003 said:

I may have spoke too soon about the mics. After using them on calls from Saturday onward, last night I was told there is a hissing sound, similar to white noise or something like when your tv has no channel available. 

On my end I kept hearing a hollow noise throughout the call sort of like someone was exhaling now and then. It was also a video call through Duo with my girlfriend so I mentioned let's not say anything for a second and see if it's still there. I still heard it and she mentioned she heard fuzziness similar to the tv example. 

Very odd as I didn't encounter this a few days ago. I'll test them out some more but if it keeps occurring, I may need to send them back before the 30 days are up. Disappointing as I do enjoy them a lot for music. 

I took them to my local Klipsch distributor and the staff actually mentioned that they have communicated the mic issue to Klipsch a couple of times before, he says that Klipsch admits that the mic issues do exist and you have speak a little louder than usual for the mic to pick up your voice (due to them being located at the back of the bud), well I demoed my issues and argued that speaking so loudly will just make me a nuisance in most public spaces. They replaced the set for me told me to wait for the mobile app to be released as it would stabilize these issues, I have my doubts but I will wait and see... 

3 hours ago, WhammyBars said:

I took them to my local Klipsch distributor and the staff actually mentioned that they have communicated the mic issue to Klipsch a couple of times before, he says that Klipsch admits that the mic issues do exist and you have speak a little louder than usual for the mic to pick up your voice (due to them being located at the back of the bud), well I demoed my issues and argued that speaking so loudly will just make me a nuisance in most public spaces. They replaced the set for me told me to wait for the mobile app to be released as it would stabilize these issues, I have my doubts but I will wait and see... 

Hmm apparently you have to make sure they are in your ears with the Klipsch logo facing straight and and upwards too. I read that in the FAQ about speaking louder. 

Yesterday at the gym I noticed they were skipping music when the phone was in my pocket too. So I moved the phone to the right side pocket of my shorts as it said in the FAQ that you should keep your phone on the same side as the master earbud. They still skipped though. 

Also, how long does your charging case last? I have to charge mine every other day when it gets to one light bar. 

I usually use my headphones at work every day for 3-4 hours, without putting them in the case and they are usually at 50-70% according to my phone. They only get put back in the case when I'm going home.

It does not seem like the case should discharge this quickly?

I realized this morning the earbuds were not powering on when I pulled them out the case. I had to manually turn them on. Putting them back in the case, they did not turn off which means the case that had one light bar last night is depleted of charge. Not sure why the case lost all it's charge. 

I am probably better off sending these back as I keep discovering new issues what seems like every day. 

Edited by sze5003

On 8/29/2019 at 9:14 PM, tedcousens said:

Looking for a foam replacement earbud - only one from the factory feels secure - will the Comply buds work?

I found T100s from Comply work. I have 2 issues with them though:

1. They pop off easy so the memory foam ones can release in your ear when removing bud. 

2. Have to remove them to fit in case. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:57 PM, sze5003 said:

Hmm apparently you have to make sure they are in your ears with the Klipsch logo facing straight and and upwards too. I read that in the FAQ about speaking louder. 

Yesterday at the gym I noticed they were skipping music when the phone was in my pocket too. So I moved the phone to the right side pocket of my shorts as it said in the FAQ that you should keep your phone on the same side as the master earbud. They still skipped though. 

Also, how long does your charging case last? I have to charge mine every other day when it gets to one light bar. 

I usually use my headphones at work every day for 3-4 hours, without putting them in the case and they are usually at 50-70% according to my phone. They only get put back in the case when I'm going home.

It does not seem like the case should discharge this quickly?

I realized this morning the earbuds were not powering on when I pulled them out the case. I had to manually turn them on. Putting them back in the case, they did not turn off which means the case that had one light bar last night is depleted of charge. Not sure why the case lost all it's charge. 

I am probably better off sending these back as I keep discovering new issues what seems like every day. 

My case works fine so far and I am not experiencing the issues that you described. I'm only keeping these still because of the form factor and sound quality.

11 hours ago, WhammyBars said:

My case works fine so far and I am not experiencing the issues that you described. I'm only keeping these still because of the form factor and sound quality.

Yea but how often do you have to charge the case? Yesterday my case had two light bars. I put my headphones in that were at 70% and about 30 minutes later the case had no power left. 

I wrote an email to Klipsch since their ticket system is broken on the accounts page. Have not received any reply yet. 

12 hours ago, sze5003 said:

Yea but how often do you have to charge the case? Yesterday my case had two light bars. I put my headphones in that were at 70% and about 30 minutes later the case had no power left. 

I wrote an email to Klipsch since their ticket system is broken on the accounts page. Have not received any reply yet. 

I charge them every 2-3 days, and that is with the case still having 2 bars of battery left. I only use them about 1-2 hours a day though but 70-0% after 30 minutes seems unreasonable, any local distributors you can bring them to? You might want to try your luck there to get a replacement.

Edited by WhammyBars