Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

5 hours ago, Paul K said:

Just received my T5s in the mail the other day, got past the initial pairing difficulties and they sounded great....until the left earbud died and will not turn on, even after charging. After waiting 30+ minutes on hold, creating an account with customer service JUST to tell me there is an error and to contact customer service (?), and researching the bullocks out of it. I decided to end here. Any help that anyone could offer would be great and appreciated, because at the price point, this shouldn’t be happening (in my opinion at least) 

Return them and get the black version.  I've had 4 different Silver versions and nothing but disconnections and issues.  Haven't had the same issue with the Black version.  Yet :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 8:48 AM, polizzio said:

I'm not trying to be a smart azz here. Can anybody here share any facts on this? Can a .20" earbud driver reproduce a 20 hz test tone to one's ear? 

Not sure about your question, but these T5 fail the most basic of tests, connectivity. And it's not just me testing on 3 different cell phones, it's hundreds of people on amazon & costco.

Klipsch has failed, not rectified the situation over a year in, and is likely damaging their brand, severely.

Let's see if this is still the country that supports free speech.....

On 4/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, 91RS said:

Have these gotten any better yet? I saw lots of reviews about connectivity issues but most of them were from 2019. 

That's a huge, "NO" Just got a fresh pair last week. Support never answers the phone. Called on 3 different days. They never pick up, then at 4pm, quittin time, they disconnect you.

Wasted like 4-6 hours on hold

1 hour ago, Rxich said:

Let's see if this is still the country that supports free speech....

That is absurd. Klipsch is not a country and  can do as it sees fit. As a volunteer I don't report to Klipsch. Review the TOS. No mention of criticism of Klipsch being forbidden. However, not a good idea to challenge the mods like that as it tells us you haven't read the TOS (bad sign) and you think we can be influenced. 

Enjoy the Forum. 

Dave

I got mine 2 weeks ago and I packed them up for the last time as they will not be coming back out. They are junk I have buying Klipsch since 84, Hell I bought 20 pair of the 2.1 computer speakers for work last year and it wouldn't be the last set plus my son has a 5.1 RF7 setup also. If I pull them out in the morning and they are paired I won the lotto for the day but they don't stay that way. I was just in the garden transplanting sitting next to me with me sitting on the ground and the right ear piece keep dropping out. Maybe I got a bad set but it doesn't sound like it and I put in a ticket and haven't heard from them yet. I'm giving these a 9 for sound and a 1 for use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking in the playstore(usa) and don't see the app. Just got a newer pair with updated firmware, and although somewhat better, the connection is still not reliable, like my 10 dollar cheapie amazon headset. The sound quality is amazing, but the connectivity is poor.

I really want to love these buds, but I'm losing faith. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty frustrated. My case doesn't seem to be charging the headphones anymore. I charged the case all day with the headphones in it, and I can't get anything from them. The left headphone has a solid blue light on and the red headphone has no light. There have been a couple of times today I was able to get a "ready to pair" signal from the right headphone but nothing from the left, but then the right headphone would say "low battery" and disconnect itself. The company has shut down customer service for the holiday weekend so I won't get to talk to anyone until Monday. Ugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add information to the thread. I was tired of fighting the cable on my beats while push mowing, And wanted to go wireless. So I ordered a pair of the T5s, and received them last week. Got them charged, paired up, and the right tips installed. They fit well and sounded good, although I’m going to give the audio nod to the beats, for both volume and bass response. But they do sound good and no wires. After a day of listening,  they’ve got good battery life, no issues with pairing or connection. Controls are a little fussy, it’s a bit uncomfortable to shove them into your ear to operate them.  Once you get the hang of it, though it’s all good.

I then, unable to leave well enough alone, downloaded the Klipsch Connect App and saw there was a firmware update, one of the things it addressed was bass response. After several failed update attempts, pairings and re-pairings;  the left earphone shut down completely and was bricked. 
Klipsch customer service responded quickly and said they would send a replacement. I sure I’ll have better luck with a new pair, just not sure I’ll be doing a firmware update on the next pair.

Has anyone else enjoyed the firmware update procedure? Hopefully with better results than I had. 

On 7/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, M_Klipsches said:

Just to add information to the thread. I was tired of fighting the cable on my beats while push mowing, And wanted to go wireless. So I ordered a pair of the T5s, and received them last week. Got them charged, paired up, and the right tips installed. They fit well and sounded good, although I’m going to give the audio nod to the beats, for both volume and bass response. But they do sound good and no wires. After a day of listening,  they’ve got good battery life, no issues with pairing or connection. Controls are a little fussy, it’s a bit uncomfortable to shove them into your ear to operate them.  Once you get the hang of it, though it’s all good.

I then, unable to leave well enough alone, downloaded the Klipsch Connect App and saw there was a firmware update, one of the things it addressed was bass response. After several failed update attempts, pairings and re-pairings;  the left earphone shut down completely and was bricked. 
Klipsch customer service responded quickly and said they would send a replacement. I sure I’ll have better luck with a new pair, just not sure I’ll be doing a firmware update on the next pair.

Has anyone else enjoyed the firmware update procedure? Hopefully with better results than I had. 

I have had the same issue with the firmware update. I am on my second pair because the during the process the left bud updated fine and the right one kept getting and error message. I followed all of the directions I could find online. Finally after a few tries the right bud locked up. I am having the same issue now: Left one updates just fine and right one gets and error. Any suggestions would be great.

Update: in less than 12 hours the right bud stopped working entirely. Lights flash but there is no sound. I tried several factory resets and I hear no sounds like "ready to pair" or drumbeats...😀

Thank you again for your time.

Edited by PitArea
Updated info.

22 hours ago, PitArea said:

I have had the same issue with the firmware update. I am on my second pair because the during the process the left bud updated fine and the right one kept getting and error message. I followed all of the directions I could find online. Finally after a few tries the right bud locked up. I am having the same issue now: Left one updates just fine and right one gets and error. Any suggestions would be great.

Update: in less than 12 hours the right bud stopped working entirely. Lights flash but there is no sound. I tried several factory resets and I hear no sounds like "ready to pair" or drumbeats...😀

Thank you again for your time.

We are in the same boat, albeit with different sides. My scenario literally mirrors yours, except this is my first pair. Klipsch has agreed that as mine were still under warranty, and are going to replace them. They spent no time offering any solution, at least beyond replacement. I’m guessing there is no “solution”. I had heard nothing from them since they agreed to replace them, I sent an email asking for an update. They finally responded this morning with basically “ They’ve been busy”. Possibly busy replacing earphones that were damaged by the update? 
I hope they will replace yours as well. Especially as it is a Klipsch “update” that caused the failure. I doubt I’d be convinced to try another “firmware update”.

Keep me posted on your situation, and I’ll do the same. This does not seem like an isolated incident.  I’m confident it will be sorted. My wife has the T5 Neckband model and they have been flawless, and she loves them. Obviously they can build wireless earphones. 

Thank you so much for the reply, M_Klipsches. I will say that you will still have a bit of a wait. On the first warranty replacement (end of June) it took them 2 weeks to send me the "we are busy" email and another week+ before I received the email that the replacements were sent. I do love the sound and want to try one more time. I will let you know what happens, Thank you again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coytee said:

One reason I prefer wired buds....even if I do increase the risk of getting strangled with the wires while I crawl around on my tractor or backhoe....

Hope you all get this resolved.

I’m willing to risk strangulation. It’s the “pop” as the wire catches on the mower handle, or tree branches and simultaneously rips both earbuds from my ears. That I couldn’t take. 😂