Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

lakedmb

9 hours ago, WhammyBars said:

I charge them every 2-3 days, and that is with the case still having 2 bars of battery left. I only use them about 1-2 hours a day though but 70-0% after 30 minutes seems unreasonable, any local distributors you can bring them to? You might want to try your luck there to get a replacement.

I haven't found any Klipsch distributors yet and I ordered them from the website. I wrote to customer service a few days ago but I have not heard back. 

Something seems up with my case. Why would it go from two light bars to empty when the headphones themselves were at 70% ?

My other big issue is they are unusable on phone calls. Everyone asks why it sounds like an alien is trying to connect to the phone call. They hear all kids of high pitched feedback.

The My Account submit a ticket is broken too. It throws an error stating to contact customer support. I don't know why no one's replied to my email either. I would expect better customer service at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have T5 wireless for a few days now. There's a lot to love once I got past initial pairing issue. Then, the drop out/skipping of music while walking to work is still bugging me a little bit. However, the phone call... I couldn't quite get it why when I made a phone call, the left earbud doesn't have any sound on. Could anyone please confirm that if I set up and pair the earbuds correctly, both left and right earbuds would still show up as 2 separate devices but only one is actually a 'primary' device, right?

On 9/18/2019 at 1:43 AM, peanutz said:

So I have T5 wireless for a few days now. There's a lot to love once I got past initial pairing issue. Then, the drop out/skipping of music while walking to work is still bugging me a little bit. However, the phone call... I couldn't quite get it why when I made a phone call, the left earbud doesn't have any sound on. Could anyone please confirm that if I set up and pair the earbuds correctly, both left and right earbuds would still show up as 2 separate devices but only one is actually a 'primary' device, right?

No it should show up as one earbud either R or L when both are paired. Reset them and remove them from your phone's pairing list. 

After resetting them place them back in your case. Press quickly 5 times in the right earbud while it's in the case then press quickly on the left one 5 times. They will blink red then they will turn kind of purple and back to red. 

Press three times on the right earbud. It turns blue and now you can go to your phone's pairing options and pair the right earbud. It should also ask if you want to pair the left one. Tap ok on that prompt. All this is done while they are still in the case. 

You may have issues with it asking to pair the left one automatically but it should ask you. Mine have this issue where they don't seem to pair properly and I have to reset them. These are my warranty replacement too so I dunno if it just takes a while or if they are buggy. But the original buds didn't have issues being reset and re-paired.  If it doesn't keep factory resetting them and trying to pair until you see after pairing the right one that it asks to pair the left. 

Edited by sze5003

On 9/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, sze5003 said:

No it should show up as one earbud either R or L when both are paired. Reset them and remove them from your phone's pairing list. 

After resetting them place them back in your case. Press quickly 5 times in the right earbud while it's in the case then press quickly on the left one 5 times. They will blink red then they will turn kind of purple and back to red. 

Press three times on the right earbud. It turns blue and now you can go to your phone's pairing options and pair the right earbud. It should also ask if you want to pair the left one. Tap ok on that prompt. All this is done while they are still in the case. 

You may have issues with it asking to pair the left one automatically but it should ask you. Mine have this issue where they don't seem to pair properly and I have to reset them. These are my warranty replacement too so I dunno if it just takes a while or if they are buggy. But the original buds didn't have issues being reset and re-paired.  If it doesn't keep factory resetting them and trying to pair until you see after pairing the right one that it asks to pair the left. 

Thinking of buying these primarily for phone call use and some music listening. Given the performance described above wrt dropping in and out, etc. am I better looking elsewhere. Yes I'm a Klipsch Heritage owner and would like to support Klipsch. 

Wb

20 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Thinking of buying these primarily for phone call use and some music listening. Given the performance described above wrt dropping in and out, etc. am I better looking elsewhere. Yes I'm a Klipsch Heritage owner and would like to support Klipsch. 

Wb

Mine have settled in and haven't been showing anymore signs of pairing issues. But I can't say I would recommend these for phone calls primarily. I think the design with the mics on the back of the earbuds is pointless as they go deeper into your ears so the mics end up against the back of your ears. Every time I wear them and my girlfriend ends up calling me I have to take them out because she says there is a lot of feedback and it's as if an alien is trying to connect to the call lol. 

5 hours ago, sze5003 said:

Mine have settled in and haven't been showing anymore signs of pairing issues. But I can't say I would recommend these for phone calls primarily. I think the design with the mics on the back of the earbuds is pointless as they go deeper into your ears so the mics end up against the back of your ears. Every time I wear them and my girlfriend ends up calling me I have to take them out because she says there is a lot of feedback and it's as if an alien is trying to connect to the call lol. 

Thanks that confirms what I've read here and elsewhere. Now I just need to find a pair that works best with my cellphone for calls as the priority.

wb

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased the Klipsch T5 True Wireless, and have been having a decent experience thus far. 

The only issue that's been bothering me is that when I am walking or shake my head while wearing the earphones, I can hear something loose moving inside both my left and right earbud. Would love to hear from owners of the T5 whether their sets behave similarly. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

Do not buy the T5. The only thing they have going for them is the excellent audio quality. 

You probably already know about the Bluetooth issues, lack of app, irritating flashing lights, and pairing issues. But two weeks after I purchased these, the right earbud stopped working. It won't recharge. The only thing I can attribute this to on my end is when it fell out of my ear and into the empty kitchen sink. I'd rinsed it out a few minutes earlier, so there was a thin film of water on the stainless steel, and a bit got onto the exterior of the earbud. I dried it off immediately, and both earbuds continued to work fine for two days afterwards, including recharging. Then upon waking on the third day I noticed the charge light wasn't showing on the right earbud. It was dead, and has been ever since. These are supposed to be sweat resistant. I sweat more during a workout than the amount of moisture these were exposed to in the sink. Maybe there's another cause, or I just got a dud. Thinking about taking them back for warranty, but I doubt it's worth the hassle. If it was the moisture, that pretty much rules these out for workouts.

Edited by Sean Michaels
Update

I have been a fan of Klipsch headphones since investing in a pair of x10i's. I was so impressed with the sound quality that I bought a second set should the first set fail or become unavailable. You will be glad to hear that the second set are still in the box waiting for their moment. Admittedly, the first set of x10i's are showing their age. Where the cable enters the earpiece the grommet has a few splits. Plus I have had to buy the 3.5 to Thunderbolt adapter. But apart from these cosmetics they are still the best headphones in this format (earbuds) that I have listened to and they are still going strong.

One of the most crucial elements of this type of headphone (earbuds) is the fit. The advanced technology involved in designing the headphones doesn't matter a jot if you can't stick the things into your ear. The x10i's have a tiny format and use a double flange to boost this tiny format into something that comfortably sits in my ears. And...blocks out unwanted external sounds.

So, along comes the T5. I did try the original Apple ear pods. (Not the new pros yet). Also tried the Cambridge Audio offering. (Melomania). Wasn't happy with the latter 2 so splashed out on the T5's.

Like the case (I like but don't love it because it slides around on the table on the train heading into work). Not sure about the control buttons either. (Probably need the new app to configure these properly)

But...

The most important thing is the fit. At the moment...it is an 'almost'. A bit hit and miss.

None of the buds are quite right. I have to apply pressure to get bass or back-off to get treble.

The new buds have a new design with a bit of plastic that forms part of the flange. This bit of plastic connects to the main body of the earphone.

I was wondering if Klipsch had any plans to provide a set of accessory inserts. Longer, thinner, double flange etc. The 'bit of plastic' might provide the linkage.

Tom.

• Like 1

So, I’ve had my pair since late July and overall I’m happy with them. There is an occasional drop with the left side, but it’s not frequent. It is odd though since when I press the side button of the left ear bud, my phone will react, so it’s still connected, but not receiving an audio signal. 

I have been very happy with the fit.  I’m hoping Klipsch, or another company, releases additional tips at a reasonable price. 

These earbuds get around 10 hours of use a week in the gym and the battery life has been phenomenal. I love how much charge the case holds. I’ve gone a few weeks between charging the case without any issues. 

Speaking of the case, I did have to go through the warranty process already. The very left LED light on the case fell into the case. I noticed a rattling one day and upon further inspection saw that it was missing. The replacement was incredibly easy and fast.  

If you have to file a warranty, I recommend reaching out to the Klipsch Instagram page. Shoot them a direct message you’ll get a response within 24 hours. They were excellent for me. 

Hoping they release the app soon. Seems to keep getting pushed back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Klipsch replaced my T5s. They had the issue of dropping out when walking. They had said it was going to be fixed with a firmware update, but the app had been pushed off until at least November. I was sceptical but went through the replacement process anyway. Turns out this pair works great, as advertised. I still have the issue that the large tips they supplied are too small for me. It adds a step, but I switched to comply T100s that have to be removed before I put the T5s in the case. They are the comfort series so they fit great. 

Now if the app could just be released... 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, Edward_lai said:

Has anyone been able to get replacement eartips? mine seperated the second time trying to remove them from the earbuds.

One of my ear buds has separate as well.  I opened a customer support ticket with Klipsch to get them replaced under warranty but have not heard anything yet. I did put my ticket in just before Thanksgiving, so the holiday will likely delay a reply.   So far I've not been able to find any place to buy additional ear buds. The only ones I could find on the Klipsch website are not for the T5 True Wireless.  

On 3/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, kipper said:

I'm also thinking to buy one of these. But not sure if the price tag justify its cost

Just bought the S1's, sound and clarity is typical Klipsch. Thinking of upgrading to T3 as it pushes an extra hour of talk/play time and a 20 hr charging case capacity.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:00 AM, Sarun said:

Hi all. I got T5 today and I have some question.

How can I paring T5 to 2  devices? I try all the way but still connect on only one device.

I assume you mean one device at a time? You cannot, I believe pair any bluetooth device to two devices at once.

Wb

12 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

I assume you mean one device at a time? You cannot, I believe pair any bluetooth device to two devices at once.

Wb

Yes. I can connect T5 to only one device at a time. But my Jabra halo smart can connect to my phone and my tablet at a same time.

I can watch youtube on tablet and when phone rang, it's stop youtube and I can receive phone call.

Edited by Sarun
add detail

• 1 month later...

I received my T5’s for Christmas. I loved them on my walks.

And  this week, for reasons unknown, the right earbud stopped  working.

No lights are coming on.

in Bluetooth, I only see the left earbud as available to pair.

is it dead?

Or is there something I need to try?

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my T5s in the mail the other day, got past the initial pairing difficulties and they sounded great....until the left earbud died and will not turn on, even after charging. After waiting 30+ minutes on hold, creating an account with customer service JUST to tell me there is an error and to contact customer service (?), and researching the bullocks out of it. I decided to end here. Any help that anyone could offer would be great and appreciated, because at the price point, this shouldn’t be happening (in my opinion at least)