Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
lakedmb

Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, WhammyBars said:

I charge them every 2-3 days, and that is with the case still having 2 bars of battery left. I only use them about 1-2 hours a day though but 70-0% after 30 minutes seems unreasonable, any local distributors you can bring them to? You might want to try your luck there to get a replacement.

 

I haven't found any Klipsch distributors yet and I ordered them from the website. I wrote to customer service a few days ago but I have not heard back. 

 

Something seems up with my case. Why would it go from two light bars to empty when the headphones themselves were at 70% ?

 

My other big issue is they are unusable on phone calls. Everyone asks why it sounds like an alien is trying to connect to the phone call. They hear all kids of high pitched feedback.

 

The My Account submit a ticket is broken too. It throws an error stating to contact customer support. I don't know why no one's replied to my email either. I would expect better customer service at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have T5 wireless for a few days now. There's a lot to love once I got past initial pairing issue. Then, the drop out/skipping of music while walking to work is still bugging me a little bit. However, the phone call... I couldn't quite get it why when I made a phone call, the left earbud doesn't have any sound on. Could anyone please confirm that if I set up and pair the earbuds correctly, both left and right earbuds would still show up as 2 separate devices but only one is actually a 'primary' device, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 1:43 AM, peanutz said:

So I have T5 wireless for a few days now. There's a lot to love once I got past initial pairing issue. Then, the drop out/skipping of music while walking to work is still bugging me a little bit. However, the phone call... I couldn't quite get it why when I made a phone call, the left earbud doesn't have any sound on. Could anyone please confirm that if I set up and pair the earbuds correctly, both left and right earbuds would still show up as 2 separate devices but only one is actually a 'primary' device, right?

No it should show up as one earbud either R or L when both are paired. Reset them and remove them from your phone's pairing list. 

 

After resetting them place them back in your case. Press quickly 5 times in the right earbud while it's in the case then press quickly on the left one 5 times. They will blink red then they will turn kind of purple and back to red. 

 

Press three times on the right earbud. It turns blue and now you can go to your phone's pairing options and pair the right earbud. It should also ask if you want to pair the left one. Tap ok on that prompt. All this is done while they are still in the case. 

 

You may have issues with it asking to pair the left one automatically but it should ask you. Mine have this issue where they don't seem to pair properly and I have to reset them. These are my warranty replacement too so I dunno if it just takes a while or if they are buggy. But the original buds didn't have issues being reset and re-paired.  If it doesn't keep factory resetting them and trying to pair until you see after pairing the right one that it asks to pair the left. 

Edited by sze5003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, sze5003 said:

No it should show up as one earbud either R or L when both are paired. Reset them and remove them from your phone's pairing list. 

 

After resetting them place them back in your case. Press quickly 5 times in the right earbud while it's in the case then press quickly on the left one 5 times. They will blink red then they will turn kind of purple and back to red. 

 

Press three times on the right earbud. It turns blue and now you can go to your phone's pairing options and pair the right earbud. It should also ask if you want to pair the left one. Tap ok on that prompt. All this is done while they are still in the case. 

 

You may have issues with it asking to pair the left one automatically but it should ask you. Mine have this issue where they don't seem to pair properly and I have to reset them. These are my warranty replacement too so I dunno if it just takes a while or if they are buggy. But the original buds didn't have issues being reset and re-paired.  If it doesn't keep factory resetting them and trying to pair until you see after pairing the right one that it asks to pair the left. 

 

Thinking of buying these primarily for phone call use and some music listening. Given the performance described above wrt dropping in and out, etc. am I better looking elsewhere. Yes I'm a Klipsch Heritage owner and would like to support Klipsch. 

 

Wb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

 

Thinking of buying these primarily for phone call use and some music listening. Given the performance described above wrt dropping in and out, etc. am I better looking elsewhere. Yes I'm a Klipsch Heritage owner and would like to support Klipsch. 

 

Wb

Mine have settled in and haven't been showing anymore signs of pairing issues. But I can't say I would recommend these for phone calls primarily. I think the design with the mics on the back of the earbuds is pointless as they go deeper into your ears so the mics end up against the back of your ears. Every time I wear them and my girlfriend ends up calling me I have to take them out because she says there is a lot of feedback and it's as if an alien is trying to connect to the call lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sze5003 said:

Mine have settled in and haven't been showing anymore signs of pairing issues. But I can't say I would recommend these for phone calls primarily. I think the design with the mics on the back of the earbuds is pointless as they go deeper into your ears so the mics end up against the back of your ears. Every time I wear them and my girlfriend ends up calling me I have to take them out because she says there is a lot of feedback and it's as if an alien is trying to connect to the call lol. 

 

Thanks that confirms what I've read here and elsewhere. Now I just need to find a pair that works best with my cellphone for calls as the priority.

 

 

wb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just purchased the Klipsch T5 True Wireless, and have been having a decent experience thus far. 

 

The only issue that's been bothering me is that when I am walking or shake my head while wearing the earphones, I can hear something loose moving inside both my left and right earbud. Would love to hear from owners of the T5 whether their sets behave similarly. Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not buy the T5. The only thing they have going for them is the excellent audio quality. 

 

You probably already know about the Bluetooth issues, lack of app, irritating flashing lights, and pairing issues. But two weeks after I purchased these, the right earbud stopped working. It won't recharge. The only thing I can attribute this to on my end is when it fell out of my ear and into the empty kitchen sink. I'd rinsed it out a few minutes earlier, so there was a thin film of water on the stainless steel, and a bit got onto the exterior of the earbud. I dried it off immediately, and both earbuds continued to work fine for two days afterwards, including recharging. Then upon waking on the third day I noticed the charge light wasn't showing on the right earbud. It was dead, and has been ever since. These are supposed to be sweat resistant. I sweat more during a workout than the amount of moisture these were exposed to in the sink. Maybe there's another cause, or I just got a dud. Thinking about taking them back for warranty, but I doubt it's worth the hassle. If it was the moisture, that pretty much rules these out for workouts.

Edited by Sean Michaels
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to get replacement eartips? mine seperated the second time trying to remove them from the earbuds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a fan of Klipsch headphones since investing in a pair of x10i's. I was so impressed with the sound quality that I bought a second set should the first set fail or become unavailable. You will be glad to hear that the second set are still in the box waiting for their moment. Admittedly, the first set of x10i's are showing their age. Where the cable enters the earpiece the grommet has a few splits. Plus I have had to buy the 3.5 to Thunderbolt adapter. But apart from these cosmetics they are still the best headphones in this format (earbuds) that I have listened to and they are still going strong.

 

One of the most crucial elements of this type of headphone (earbuds) is the fit. The advanced technology involved in designing the headphones doesn't matter a jot if you can't stick the things into your ear. The x10i's have a tiny format and use a double flange to boost this tiny format into something that comfortably sits in my ears. And...blocks out unwanted external sounds.

 

So, along comes the T5. I did try the original Apple ear pods. (Not the new pros yet). Also tried the Cambridge Audio offering. (Melomania). Wasn't happy with the latter 2 so splashed out on the T5's.

 

Like the case (I like but don't love it because it slides around on the table on the train heading into work). Not sure about the control buttons either. (Probably need the new app to configure these properly)

 

But...

 

The most important thing is the fit. At the moment...it is an 'almost'. A bit hit and miss.

 

None of the buds are quite right. I have to apply pressure to get bass or back-off to get treble.

 

The new buds have a new design with a bit of plastic that forms part of the flange. This bit of plastic connects to the main body of the earphone.

 

I was wondering if Klipsch had any plans to provide a set of accessory inserts. Longer, thinner, double flange etc. The 'bit of plastic' might provide the linkage.

 

 

Tom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I’ve had my pair since late July and overall I’m happy with them. There is an occasional drop with the left side, but it’s not frequent. It is odd though since when I press the side button of the left ear bud, my phone will react, so it’s still connected, but not receiving an audio signal. 
 

I have been very happy with the fit.  I’m hoping Klipsch, or another company, releases additional tips at a reasonable price. 
 

These earbuds get around 10 hours of use a week in the gym and the battery life has been phenomenal. I love how much charge the case holds. I’ve gone a few weeks between charging the case without any issues. 
 

Speaking of the case, I did have to go through the warranty process already. The very left LED light on the case fell into the case. I noticed a rattling one day and upon further inspection saw that it was missing. The replacement was incredibly easy and fast.  
 

If you have to file a warranty, I recommend reaching out to the Klipsch Instagram page. Shoot them a direct message you’ll get a response within 24 hours. They were excellent for me. 
 

Hoping they release the app soon. Seems to keep getting pushed back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...