Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
lakedmb

Klipsch T5 - true wireless earbuds

Recommended Posts

Totally agree

 

I tuck mine down inside my shirt to help hide/protect the wires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emailed Klipsch Aug 4 about my bricked T5s. Today (Aug 11) got a canned response telling me they are busy. I'm guessing a lot of unhappy T5 owners.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I received my replacements yesterday! Nearly four weeks after the problem. However Klipsch was good on their word and did replace them, with brand new units. I must say, I think these might sound a bit better than my first pair. Of course I only used them for a day before the failed “firmware” update. So, it’s  tough to say for sure. I’m satisfied with their resolution, although it could’ve been a bit more, timely. I for sure can guarantee I will NOT be attempting a “firmware update” on these.

Fool me once...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, Big Glenn said:

Emailed Klipsch Aug 4 about my bricked T5s. Today (Aug 11) got a canned response telling me they are busy. I'm guessing a lot of unhappy T5 owners.

They agreed to my warranty claim rather quickly. Of course I’d only had mine, maybe 36 hours, before I made the first contact. It took nearly four weeks to receive them after Klipsch agreed to replace them. It seemed to require a couple of those, we’ve been busy emails, and a bit of back & forth before they shipped replacements. Good luck, & keep after them. They had to know the Firm ware  update was problematic, yet they seem to continue it. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had a little time to test the replacements. The first go was terrible,  it took me an extra half hour to do the push mowing, because I was fighting with the damn earphones. At first they paired up immediately, after that I could not get them both to pair at the same time. 🤬 

Tested them again while puttering in the garage. No pairing issues all was good. The only functional issue is keeping the left one in place, it will eventually fall out into a non recoverable situation. Mowing went well except for the two times the left one fell out. 
The sound quality is good, not as good as my wired Beats, but good.
It is very likely that these won’t be my last wireless earphones, but I’m going to hang with them a bit longer. 
Hopefully the next generation will address these issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a pair of T5 true wireless in august. They were working fine until yesterday when the right side started cutting in and out at low volume. Having checked around I saw I should update firmware. I only installed the app today and successfully updated the firmware on left side. The right side updated and just when it said restarting, it failed to reconnect and now it will not turn on at all. I get a white flash from the right side but no blue power on or pairing, no sounds to indicate power. Firmware has croaked the right one by all accounts. 

Edited by i-gore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, i-gore said:

I bought a pair of T5 true wireless in august. They were working fine until yesterday when the right side started cutting in and out at low volume. Having checked around I saw I should update firmware. I only installed the app today and successfully updated the firmware on left side. The right side updated and just when it said restarting, it failed to reconnect and now it will not turn on at all. I get a white flash from the right side but no blue power on or pairing, no sounds to indicate power. Firmware has croaked the right one by all accounts. 

Your right one is “bricked” it will not restore. Contact Klipsch immediately and open a service ticket. It will take weeks to get a replacement. Oh and you will need to contact them every couple of weeks. I received my replacement a month ago after attempting the firmware update in July. My replacements have worked fine, but I’ll not attempt the firmware update. Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. I have a ticket open now. Will await for the service reply and will let you know the outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crap design, the designer needs to be sacked, the rubber earbud clips onto the headset, what makes it stay connected? a little plastic ring that after a while comes off the rubber earbud, making that rubber earbud useless.

 

so I now have a pair of small earbuds, a pair a large ear buds, 1 medium earbud and 1 medium earbud with the plastic ring no longer attached to the earbud, thus the rubber earbud will now no longer connect to the headset.....

 

can not find replacement, customer support do not want to know, I even offered to purchase replacements, I mean, the headset is not cheap, not available.... so when all 6 plastic bits come off the earbuds that connects to the actual headset, you will have a set of unusable expensive headset.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, chris1628 said:

crap design, the designer needs to be sacked, the rubber earbud clips onto the headset, what makes it stay connected? a little plastic ring that after a while comes off the rubber earbud, making that rubber earbud useless.

 

so I now have a pair of small earbuds, a pair a large ear buds, 1 medium earbud and 1 medium earbud with the plastic ring no longer attached to the earbud, thus the rubber earbud will now no longer connect to the headset.....

 

can not find replacement, customer support do not want to know, I even offered to purchase replacements, I mean, the headset is not cheap, not available.... so when all 6 plastic bits come off the earbuds that connects to the actual headset, you will have a set of unusable expensive headset.........

I must admit when I first swapped out the originally installed earpieces my first thought was, replacement pieces aren’t going to be easily available. It looks like I may have been correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, RAB8670 said:

Opened a support ticket on September 28 for my bricked T5's.....still waiting.

You have to bug them every ten days or so. Squeaky wheel.. I think it took about four weeks for my replacements to arrive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why it takes so long to respond to Support Requests - at least provide an ETA when to expect a response!  It seems like my request has gone into a black hole never to be seen or heard from again.  I've got to say that I'm pretty unhappy about my T5 (silver).  I thought things would only get better once the Klipsch Connect app was released but this doesn't seem to be the case since I got through the firmware halfway and it stopped while trying to update the left earphone.  I can't even reset and get back into the Product Setup section...and it's completely useless now since the sound is all garbled =( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I broke a pair of my klipsh earbuds. Can i buy a replacement 

Edited by Iqram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted a warranty replacement request for my extremely troublesome T5s on October 23rd.  Got the canned "will respond as soon as we can" response from Klipsch on November 3rd.  Been asking for an update every few weeks, but have received no response from Klipsch support as of December 30th.  Sad.

 

UPDATE  2/3/2021:  I finally got a response from a real person on January 4th, with the typical "did you reset them" and is the "firmware up to date" response.  Just to be safe, I did reset them yet again (been doing that for over a year), and again checked the firmware (it was the latest version).  Connecting to my iPhone seemed a little better, but couldn't really test them under my usual conditions (working outdoors with lots of movement).  Connecting to a PC I still had significant dropouts while only a few feet away from the PC.  Turning my head one inch to one side (yes, one inch!) and the buds would drop connection.  Turning back one inch, and they would reconnect.  Today I finally received a return authorization for my warranty replacement.  It took 3.5 months, but as everyone else said, keep bugging support and you'll eventually get the authorization.  Hopefully the replacements will work as expected.

Edited by Roncho
Updated post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...