Hand Truck Recommendations

tigerwoodKhorns

Rubber baby buggy bumpers:) But seriously baron167's suggestion is it. Most of them have the rubber bumpers on the back. If you're going to rent make sure they're intact/in good shape. It is still a two man operation if you ask me.

And wrap in a moving blanket (forgot to mention). Another trick is to use Gaffer's Tape to protect the speakers. Put it (carefully) on all corners. I prefer to wrap in blanket and secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have a few hand trucks, but need a good one for going up stairs (the stairs have stone on them, no carpet, so I must be careful to no chip any stair). 

I need to haul, no surprise here) speakers up and down stairs.  Big ones. 

Any recommendations? 

I think she can get anything moved

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, baron167 said:

Refrigerator or appliance dolly with the step belts built in. Like what U-Haul rents.

I have one of these but have been afraid to use on the stone stairs.  I have had it for almost 30 years so I should check the condition of the belts. 

I was thinking of maybe a hand truck with rubber wheels that inflate would be better on the stairs.

I have one of these but have been afraid to use on the stone stairs.  I have had it for almost 30 years so I should check the condition of the belts. 

I was thinking of maybe a hand truck with rubber wheels that inflate would be better on the stairs.

I have access to U-Haul model via my father in law. I have a hand truck with pneumatic tires that also has caster wheels and can be used flat on 4 wheels (it came from Home Depot or Lowe's). I used this to move my Klipschorns, La Scalas, and Cornwalls. I only had 1 step to deal with. The added length of the U-Haul type truck combined with the belts and strap would be my choice. I mentioned Gaffers Tape in a prior post. That could be applied to the steps for added protection as well.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have a few hand trucks, but need a good one for going up stairs (the stairs have stone on them, no carpet, so I must be careful to no chip any stair). 

I need to haul, no surprise here) speakers up and down stairs.  Big ones. 

Any recommendations? 

I have a very unique hand truck, smooth and effortless, but I can't lend you my wife.