The Three - out of the box and...

TBird1961

I just took my new The Three out of the box and when I plug into a power source and connect my ipod with the aux cable I get nothing, no sound, and the source leds at the top of the speaker do not light up. The switch on the back is set to "line" and not "phono"

Reading the manual to setup bluetooth also directs you to "select source" but I have no leds lighting up?

Does this speaker need to have the battery charged before play? (its plugged into a power outlet)

How long does charging take?

I feel like I am missing something?

The wifi led at the back panel does light up green, but that is the only indication that this speaker is receiving power.

Edited by TBird1961
update info

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 7:42 PM, TBird1961 said:

I just took my new The Three out of the box and when I plug into a power source and connect my ipod with the aux cable I get nothing, no sound, and the source leds at the top of the speaker do not light up. The switch on the back is set to "line" and not "phono"

Reading the manual to setup bluetooth also directs you to "select source" but I have no leds lighting up?

Does this speaker need to have the battery charged before play? (its plugged into a power outlet)

How long does charging take?

I feel like I am missing something?

The wifi led at the back panel does light up green, but that is the only indication that this speaker is receiving power.

I'll point out that The Three does not have a battery to charge.

I'd recommend making sure The Three is updated to the latest firmware.

https://www.klipsch.com/firmware

If you can configure WiFi on The Three, you can use the Klipsch app or the Play-Fi app under the About menu item to confirm that The Three has the latest firmware (currently MCU: 4.020).

On my Three the WiFi light on top is always lit when the power switch is on, but I mainly use mine for Play-Fi and I have the wireless configured. I'll also mention that The Three is fairly smart about inputs (for better or worse), if there is no signal on a particular input, it may not allow you to select that input. So, if you don't have WiFi configured and it sees no signal on the other inputs, it's possible nothing would light up - but I believe it's always possible to select Bluetooth as an input, so you can configure it. I'd confirm that your aux cable is working for your iPod. I'd also make sure something is playing on your iPod and then try to turn the input selection knob.

• 2 weeks later...