Electrocompaniet ECD1 Upsampling Dac SOLD

joessportster

Review  http://www.stereotimes.com/acc030303.shtml............................Pretty much all the reviews / press was / is the same.  Everyone Loved the DAC, & why not its the same dac used in the $5000 Disc Players that also all had / have stellar reviews.  

New the DAC was 2K 10 years ago today it would cost 6-8K easy, I bought a NOS (Non Over Sampling) dac that cost 3500.00 and while I do keep swapping DACs in and out I can live with the lesser of detail and resolution my new DAC offers.. I Often Read peoples comparisons of DAC's and inevitably I seem to see the comparison to VINYL.  This is the ONLY upsampling DAC I have ever Had or Heard that I can honestly say it is NON FATIGUING I can and have listened for HOURS ON END & Hated to turn off the system (Must Sleep at some point).  I have also used this DAC with Sennheiser HD800 Headphones and never once felt like things were to bright or fatiguing (The HD 800 has a Reputation for being overbearing in the upper regions)  I also feel like the DAC has tons of detail retrieval and offers what I would call Reference level sound quality.

I have dismantled my 2nd system to save space and please the wife and the ECD1 sets more than it deserves to. So I am offering it for sale here (and other places) The difference is I am not pricing it here as I always offer members here a better deal than anyone elsewhere (Kind of my way to pay things forward) So if you are looking for a new DAC I will listen to offers, you can not offend me but please be realistic.   I will accept: Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Or Paypal

If you are a long time member and on the fence I will offer a DEMO so long as you agree to cover shipping both ways with insurance.  I may consider trades / partial trades as well with cash either direction.  Things I would be interested in are amps using EL84 / 6BQ5 & Equivilent Tubes, or 45 tube amps mono blocks, Other SET or OTL amps.  Output power Is not a big concern I would be using the amp on the top of my Bi-Amp Open Baffle Speakers which are 98 db effecient

With the DAC to simply Offer USB input Option I will offer to include a Blue Circle converter if interested Party feels they need / want it

Dac is 100% Functional, and is a 9 when it comes to cosmetics.  I am a meticulous Packer for shipping ask pretty much anyone that has bought from me here or elsewhere

E Dac 1.PNG