My mind wanders sometimes....

y2keglide

........when I'm driving and I drive a lot being as I do it for a living in big rigs.

So I had a profound thought today, if you played Mike Oldfield  Tubular Bells on a tube amp with Klipsch Belles

it would be totally tubular belles.

I'd  bet some one here probably has. lol

Edited by y2keglide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, billybob said:

Would say am sorry but yes... to heck with the OTR travel....local

Keep on a truckin'

I did the OTR for a while and hated it, love working local and home every night.

I work for a small outfit that does a wide variety of different jobs, been pulling containers this past couple weeks but do a lot of end dump and side dump work.

Was flatbedding crushed cars a couple weeks ago, always changing up do I don't get bored with the job and I make pretty good money too.

10.jpg

cars.jpg

lf.jpg

sd.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hay now, looking pretty good now. Gave up my road job short haul back to back weekends. Tally to Tampa run. Spent the first run in a motel. Guess the super. may have wondered. After 5+ years retired, lol.

Talk radio for me then cause could not handle no Klipsch.

Dang looking like your own rig...dang again...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Hay now, looking pretty good now. Gave up my road job short haul back to back weekends. Tally to Tampa run. Spent the first run in a motel. Guess the super. may have wondered. After 5+ years retired, lol.

Talk radio for me then cause could not handle no Klipsch.

Dang looking like your own rig...dang again...

Nope not an owner I just drive the same truck most of the time ('07 KW T-800/CAT twin turbo c15 Acert/18 speed) and I'm paid hourly which is another thing I like about this job.

I don't sweat it when I get caught in traffic or have other delays, that said I'm not one of those lazy hourly guys I bust *** and run hard,61.75 hours this week and 69 hours last week. The boss appreciates my work ethic and treats me pretty well not to mention I'm one of if not the highest paid driver he has.

Most weeks are somewhere in the 50-60 hour range, weekends are usually optional but I work quite a few Saturdays to support my hobbies like Harleys hotrods and buying stereo gear such as the Klipschorns I just picked up. lol

I get in other trucks once in a while depending on what needs to be done and who else is working what job etc.etc..

5.jpg

68kw.jpg

3.jpg

t and p.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

tandp.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

You have all kinds of room to put a "tool box" behind the cab.

we used to run Nogales AZ to Alsip IL every 8 days... Still had time to get into trouble. Back in 55mph days.

I like being home more than the $$$

I sure don't miss the 55 mph days but I can still get into trouble if not careful, the T-800 I spend most of my time in is a 70 mph truck, we have a couple that will run 80+.

I'm pretty careful where I let it all hang out, there's places out here in the far west where you can really haul especially if you know where the speed traps are.

I haven't had a ticket in 10 years (knock on wood).

zxtk.jpg

• Like 3

We don't talk about what we have done. Hauled produce for a short... That truck would haul ash...Conventional Pete... I think it had a 450 Cummins.. 70 was idling

The truck that went AZ to IL was a cabover Freightliner with a whopping 290 Cummins and a 10speed.   67 mph... off a cliff with a tail wind.

random association

Does bob-tailing a cabover give you the willys?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, y2keglide said:

Nope not an owner I just drive the same truck most of the time ('07 KW T-800/CAT twin turbo c15 Acert/18 speed) and I'm paid hourly which is another thing I like about this job.

I don't sweat it when I get caught in traffic or have other delays, that said I'm not one of those lazy hourly guys I bust *** and run hard,61.75 hours this week and 69 hours last week. The boss appreciates my work ethic and treats me pretty well not to mention I'm one of if not the highest paid driver he has.

Most weeks are somewhere in the 50-60 hour range, weekends are usually optional but I work quite a few Saturdays to support my hobbies like Harleys hotrods and buying stereo gear such as the Klipschorns I just picked up. lol

I get in other trucks once in a while depending on what needs to be done and who else is working what job etc.etc..

Lol, well then you do not have owner's headaches. Figured you took it seriously. That is pretty serious hours. Those hobbies cost money like you know. Happy I ran into you...Hoping my brother out at times with his rods. Latest is putting an LS motor in one of his Ratrods...fun stuff. Thanks for the pics...and enjoy those K-horns...

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, well then you do not have owner's headaches. Figured you took it seriously. That is pretty serious hours. Those hobbies cost money like you know. Happy I ran into you...Hoping my brother out at times with his rods. Latest is putting an LS motor in one of his Ratrods...fun stuff. Thanks for the pics...and enjoy those K-horns...

Ahh yes, I love LS power, I have a 2001 SS Camaro LS1 6 speed manual with just 89K on the clock.It's loaded with leather and all the caddy stuff as well as a kick azz stereo.

It's got LS6 heads with a lumpy cam and associated parts, long tubes and no cats (400rwhp), aluminum flywheel and LS7 clutch with a Tick Perf. adjustable master,lowered on Sam Strano springs with Strano sway bars,UMI tube K-member and A arms and all tube torque arm panhard rod and lower control arms with subframe connectors and a driveline loop and riding on Koni shocks. It's set up as a canyon carver riding on sticky 18" Michelin Pilot Sports,275's up front and 315's in the back. Fun little car that can run with cars that are a lot more expensive.

see ya.jpg

zxzc.jpg

004.jpga.jpg

006.jpga.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, lol I reckon so...have to show bro...he is an older dude that is Chevy since a teen...thanks again!!!

Have the next older bro same thing....Cool.

I'm no spring chicken either at 62,when I was in my early 20s I knocked around in a '69 Camaro with a big block 427/4speed. Sure miss that one.