Zxpc, de10, chorus bass bin

Ljk

Zxpc 11 by 17 inch horn with seleuim d405 and de10 tweeter mounted on top of the zxpc horn. Selenium is 8 ohm and should have been 16, yea I messed up. Tried the de10 with a k 79 horn lens but sounded better/ less harsh mounted to the zxpc horn. Using bass bin of chorus with the chorus crossover hooked to selenium d405 and de 10. Sounds great, voices are larger people seem to be right in the room.

Question is do I need to change the tap and caps on the crossover. I have 2 sets of extra chorus crossover caps of the same value I can use. I am experiment with diy chorus II center for now. When I get it figured out I will make the same changes to my chorus II mains. Kind of a chorus III mains and center. Did some research on subject but think I gained just enough info to be dangerous. Need some help from you smarter more experienced guys before I start blowing drivers,  thanks 

Sounds great running off the chorus crossovers, still I wonder where the crossover points are now. I believe the chorus( heritage line) use 4, 16 and 8 loads on the crossovers with cover points of 650 and 6000hz. Would not mind if the points dropped to 450 to 500 and 5000 on high. Still happy with the results so far and really starting to like the de 10  tweeter. 

Think I will take a look at the khorn xover and see how up it compares to the chorus, thanks for the input.

You can plug the cap and coil values you have into an easily-found online crossover calculator, with the driver impedances, and see what the crossover frequencies calculate out to.  You may well find you've got excessive gaps or overlaps.  Also a calibrated USB mike and free software will show you what you've got for relative driver levels.  Really, it behoves one to go about experimentation like this using such tools so you can correlate what you're hearing with data.  It can cut much guesswork (and time) out of the process.

23 hours ago, glens said:

You can plug the cap and coil values you have into an easily-found online crossover calculator, with the driver impedances, and see what the crossover frequencies calculate out to.  You may well find you've got excessive gaps or overlaps.  Also a calibrated USB mike and free software will show you what you've got for relative driver levels.  Really, it behoves one to go about experimentation like this using such tools so you can correlate what you're hearing with data.  It can cut much guesswork (and time) out of the process.

Good idea with cal. I will give it a try. Yea I do need to pick up a spl meter and Mike.  For now this is a temp. situation till I get some new cabinets made. Just tring to get a decent sound without blowing any drivers for now