Forte I near Milwaukee $700

314carpenter

46 minutes ago, Imsjry said:

Deleted by author. Can’t believe those sold that quickly!!

I tried to give the heads up to move on them expeditiously. I usually watch for these listings, and from what I have been seeing, when they are priced correctly and have no condition issues, these things do not sit. So now for those who missed out, the waiting begins again.

I prefer not to wait, buy what is available, and upgrade my collection as I go, selling what I don't use anymore as I replace what I have with better stuff.

In my opinion, you are better off if you own Forte II, and if you can fit them in your space and budget, Chorus, Cornwall, Lascala, Belle, Khorn.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Imsjry said:

What would realistic be in your opinion? Just curious as I’m interested but really looking for a pair of  ii’s. Thanks for heads up. 

Wouldn’t hurt to offer him $500. Maybe he’ll take it, maybe he’ll counter somewhere in between. If you buy them right you could use them until you find your Forte II’s then sell them for what you’ve got in them. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

That's how I got in the mess I'm in with speakers all aver the place, LOL 😉

I think that’s what happened to most of us lol I always say I’m going to sell something when I buy new stuff. Rarely happens. The girlfriend has no idea how much gear I’ve got wrapped up in closets. In fact I think I’ve forgotten half of what’s in there

and keep an open mind. 

I was looking for Cornwalls and brought a pair of LaScalas home.

.........so, I had wait 6 months and make a 4000 mile road trip to pick them up... I was going there anyway. Well worth the wait and effort.

• Like 1