FS: McIntosh MC30 pair (consecutives) SOLD

Audible Nectar

For sale: Pair of McIntosh MC30 amplifiers, consecutively serial numbered (6E570, 6E571).

These amplifiers were acquired in identical condition that you see here, some 10 or so years ago, and rebuilt by Craig Ostby (NOSValves) in Michigan, using Russian military PIO capacitors.

Condition: While the pics do mostly speak for themselves, they are in very good condition, with two notable flaws. The original owner, as was commonplace in the era of production, engraved his personal ID number on them as "theft prevention", a convention of the day. They do have a slight bit of pitting on the top plating (again, as I acquired them) and have been lovingly preserved ever since. They appear as strikingly good in person as they do in the photos, with near perfect transformers, lettering, connection/control panels, and even the interior metal looks pristine. One other note re: condition - the sockets are as snug and "new feeling" as any vintage amp I have ever handled (including a number of MC30s) - it is my opinion that these had very little actual play prior to my ownership - and I have not used them a great deal as I have another pair of these. With home remodeling projects in the works and their relative lack of use, we have decided to offer these for sale here.

These amplifiers are offered with the tubes you see. RCA blackplate 6L6GC (matched quad), Tele 12AX7 smoothplates in all appropriate slots, RCA blackplate single wing 12BH7, and RCA/Baldwin long greyplate 12AU7. As these amplifiers have always been most deserving of the vintage era tubes like you see here, I wish for the new owner to enjoy the sonics as these tubes provide. I will also give the eventual new owner access to backup tube stock for these if desired, at an additional cost.

I have used these amplifiers for the month prior to this listing, to assure their proper operation, and to enjoy them for one final round before parting with them.

Delivery: I really, really, really do not want to ship these, as I wish to make 100% sure they arrive to you in the condition you see here. As such, I offer a special proposition first: I will hand deliver these amplifiers to any location within eight hours' drive of my home in western IL. This includes most locations in MN, WI, IL, IA, MI, IN, OH, MO, NE, KY.....and might stretch that a little further. I know well how to pack them - but just prefer not to risk it. Had personal bad experience in this area and my hand delivery is much more risk free. If you're more distant - and you'll work with me as to not risk the couriers (meet in the middle/halfway??) I would work with you in that scenario too.

Price: $3500 delivered as seen, with tubes shown, as described re: delivery.

PIcs forthcoming.

• Like 2