Pro Aluminum trim

HPower

I am thinking that I would like to turn my beater La Scala projects into an early Eighties pro look, just like my 1980 HIPs.

Is there a source to find the aluminum 3-way corners and the the angle edging for the straight runs?

HIP_sm.jpg

I am sure this has been asked a million times but my searches have come up empty to find a source.

• Like 1

• Moderators

No help here but I do love the look.

The first and only speakers here that had the aluminum trim were Lascalas, Michael Colter bought some from about 3 hours from here and asked if I would go get them for him. I did and held them for months until he could get them, it was also the first time I heard Lascalas. The split LaScalas with trim was quite the shock, it is what got me looking at bigger Klipsch.

29 minutes ago, dtel said:

No help here but I do love the look.

The first and only speakers here that had the aluminum trim were Lascalas, Michael Colter bought some from about 3 hours from here and asked if I would go get them for him. I did and held them for months until he could get them, it was also the first time I heard Lascalas. The split LaScalas with trim was quite the shock, it is what got me looking at bigger Klipsch.

Pretty sure Michael sold me those splits, which I still have and love.

• Like 1

Ya, I also like the look a lot.

I picked these HIPs up 6-7 weeks ago for $600cnd, mind you I did have to drive to Montreal to pick them up (about 7 hours each way).

They are not spotless, but they are in very nice condition and sound pretty good as well.

Pretty rare up here to find nice Pro Klipsch.

The closest I could come to finding a source for trim was in this old thread started by Michael were  "Panacea Engineering"

chimed in a said he was in the process of making molds to make the corner pieces...

But then I could not find a follow up to see if he actually followed through with this.

And I see, he has not posted here since April 24, 2016... not sure what happened to him?

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Pretty sure Michael sold me those splits, which I still have and love.

They did sound good, I really didn't want to let them go after hearing them..

If I remember correctly they came from somewhere South of Ponchatoula LA, they were owned by a music teacher, not sure if he was college or high school, I don't remember?

alumtrim.thumb.jpg.cedee3f07341463264ebc83f4e60979f.jpgatrm.jpg.cfe7ab582cb6e41df0abb550171a131d.jpg

aa2.thumb.JPG.5495dca7c0b5c8e4e31e29a6fd30654d.JPG

I took an old beater pair of LS and did a revamp to look kinda like the pro series. I went on the cheap and just used 3/4" angle and beveled the corners. Tuned out nice for only a few bucks worth of aluminum. Not too dissimilar from the ones in the old Klipsch add above.

I also have a pair of legit LSi splits, and the genuine corner pieces look much cooler, but I like them both.

Finding the real deal is not easy but show up from time to time.

(sorry for the sideways pics, too lazy to fix)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, they've been updated just a bit.....I have a feeling they sound somewhat better than you remember......

But it was the first time I heard LaScalas or any of the bigger Heritage in my room, to me they sounded perfect for a first time.