Emotion

Brenda

Back surgery on March 14th. Got home Saturday and slept. This morning I had to fire up the PM51’s and sub to let my Dad hear. Picked Chet Atkins Mr Sandman. Mr Klipsch would be happy! The emotional reaction I get from these speakers blows me away. Tears were rolling down my face! Why? Never happened before unless the song had a personal connection. I’m a believer Mr. Klipsch! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Brenda said:

Back surgery on March 14th. Got home Saturday and slept. This morning I had to fire up the PM51’s and sub to let my Dad hear. Picked Chet Atkins Mr Sandman. Mr Klipsch would be happy! The emotional reaction I get from these speakers blows me away. Tears were rolling down my face! Why? Never happened before unless the song had a personal connection. I’m a believer Mr. Klipsch! 

Welcome again and no doubt PWK would be mote than pleased...Good Fortune to you. Yeah, Chet could pick for sure...healing music.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brenda said:

True! Music IS Therapy!!!

The music you make or listen to IS the Soundtrack Of Your Life, after all!

OMG I'm feeling the "gotta get more Klipsch speakers" itch!! Nahh, NOT AT THIS TIME!! Maybe in my future! :-)

John Kuthe...

• Like 2

Brenda, my wife had the same surgery as yours five years ago. It gave her life back to her but it actually took her ~1 to 1 1/2 years to fully recover.  Don't rush it.  There'll still be concerts to go to in a year.  Enjoy your Klipsch.  I do--every day.  I believe they've been largely responsible for staying in good health over the past 10 years or so.

Chris

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing your trouble and release Brenda!  Music is indeed a mainline to our emotions!  Your sharing prompted me to search the web for music healing and I found this related story of healing music after surgery.

https://www.classicalmpr.org/story/2014/10/06/classical-music-healing

I think I'll start a list of healing , uplifting, music for emotional release.  I've had healing tears like you described in the past when singing along.

There's something about that Mr. Sandman tune that's very nostalgic for me and I suspect many others - the 1954 Chordettes hit rather than the Chet Atkins though.

and yes Klipsch plays my heart best too!

• Like 1

Sing it, Sister!!  Mr. Paul would be proud.  We were told a story at the Klipsch Fans Tour of Hope (first Pilgrammage) about Mr. Paul tearing up when he first heard Miss Valerie play the piano.  So he bought her 2. 

• Like 2