Interesting Heresy ad... (Terre Haute, IN)

opusk2k9

From ad:

My favorite speakers ever... wouldn't sell them because they sound sooooooooo good and they're fun. But for $1,200.00...will sell!
Horns...efficiency is so good a 10w tube amp can power them.
Sealed. Bassy to 50hz but not too bassy. Location in room isn't paramount. Wide dispersion of mids and tweets make the sweet spot anywhere in room..
Yeah $1200 is the price I'd sell them at. Use them everyday. 
Loudest small speaker award of some sort in 1980's. They shine at everyday levels. Loud as heck too. 50 watts rms maximum is most ive driven them with a 225x2 carver amp.
Drums sound real. White stripes band drums sound so good. 
Wood outside could use oiling. Capacitors could use replacement. $90 for top notch capacitors for both found online. I could replace them for a fee. 
Speakers all work and look great. 

I've been thru 70 speaker sets and I hang onto these. Beats cerwin Vega imo. Best speakers I've owned. 

Decade ago these went for $350-500. Now they go for $1000 since they've become better known. Will post better pictures if you're interested. Just listing them for kicks really. ... I've hung onto these thru thick and thin.

Equivalent price now is $3000/set new.

https://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ele/d/rosedale-klipsch-heresy-hwo-stereo-amp/6844387561.html

No affiliation.  Laser badges, so c.1976-1978.   I don't think he will get his asking price...  

1 minute ago, opusk2k9 said:

Decade ago these went for $350-500. Now they go for $1000 since they've become better known. 

I have a set of 2 month old heresy IIIs that I'll let go of for $1000 too.   Hell, maybe I should ask 2k then since they are now well known 

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I have a set of 2 month old heresy IIIs that I'll let go of for $1000 too.   Hell, maybe I should ask 2k then since they are now well known 

He is actually asking $1200 for his.  🙄

• Haha 1