Weight of the soul

Bosco-d-gama

The whole idea of a soul is a man made concept. People already beleive they have a soul then search their entire lives for a way to prove it.  It is an unquantifiable thing.  The modern day "soul searchers" are akin to the alchemists of the dark ages, knowing they can make lead into gold and wasting their entire lives in the search to prove it....  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kalifornian said:

The whole idea of a soul is a man made concept. People already beleive they have a soul then search their entire lives for a way to prove it.  It is an unquantifiable thing.  The modern day "soul searchers" are akin to the alchemists of the dark ages, knowing they can make lead into gold and wasting their entire lives in the search to prove it....  

The notion of a disembodied ‘soul’ that is a cohesive and cogent entity does percolate more in the realm of human dimensions. But that does not mean that self awareness is without any potential existence with transcendental effect. We’re aware of subatomic particles penetrating the entire planet and many forms of radiations invisible to our senses. Who’s to say what ‘life’ truly represents and to presume it is ‘nothing’ is as absurd as presuming it to be ‘something’. If we have the science to examine the hypothesis then it is of enough interest and import to do the work. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The notion of a disembodied ‘soul’ that is a cohesive and cogent entity does percolate more in the realm of human dimensions. But that does not mean that self awareness is without any potential existence with transcendental effect. We’re aware of subatomic particles penetrating the entire planet and many forms of radiations invisible to our senses. Who’s to say what ‘life’ truly represents and to presume it is ‘nothing’ is as absurd as presuming it to be ‘something’. If we have the science to examine the hypothesis then it is of enough interest and import to do the work. 

This thread and what you said made me think of an experience I had about 25 years ago. There are by far more things we don't know about than we do.

I once witnessed something that should not be, a ghost for lack of a better word. It was about 10' away and it took about 6-8 steps and went into another room. Not just a shadow or a dark spot but a person, just not exactly quite as clear or solid as a person but still with detail to know the gender, dress, hair, and size. I know it sounds crazy, but when you see something like this you quickly realize how little we really know about what's around us. 

To me, it made the question about soul have added thoughts, was that a soul or just something left behind from the process of death. How many are there like that and why they at rare times can be seen? 

When you see something like this you forever think about dying in a different way, it at least makes you know something positively happens besides just a body dying. What happens I have no clue like everyone else. 

It only happened once and I am not crazy, or that crazy anyway, I did immediately look in the room and nothing was there.  ?

• Like 2

The human mind is always trying to catagorize and explain its experiences into something it understands.  When we experience something we cant process or understand the mind will most time attribute it to something spiritual or mystical.  The reality is that the human brain/mind is a complex machine that is very finely tuned.  One synapse firing wrong can cause all kinds of events.  This issue has been covered and viewed with cat scans and mris.

To be continued.....

On 3/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

That's like saying rocks just might have intelligence.  I wouldn't bet on it, bet anything's possible.