Edit 'signature' from my 'edit profile' Q?

• 4 weeks later...

I can't figure it out either.

I see something but it goes into an about me section and not my signature. I've been on lots of forums over the last 20 or so years but this has got to be one of the most awkward and strange ones as far as setting up your profile.

Anyone know how to do this?

One of my favorite features of this forum with this Invision software is the ability to hide or delete signatures.  A big thumbs up there.

Now if they can just come up with a way for when people quote a long post that has pictures in it and they only reply, "awesome!", that the pictures don't all show up in the quote!  I'll be set then.  😎

51 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Maybe because you are new.  I just checked mine and it is still where I told you it was.

ask @Chad

Gotcha thanks for the help!

38 minutes ago, avguytx said:

One of my favorite features of this forum with this Invision software is the ability to hide or delete signatures.  A big thumbs up there.

Now if they can just come up with a way for when people quote a long post that has pictures in it and they only reply, "awesome!", that the pictures don't all show up in the quote!  I'll be set then.  😎

Yeah I could see why people would want that feature!

I totally agree with you lol. That was always annoying on other boards I used to be active on of varying subjects.

-------------------------

Appreciate the help guys!

• Administrators

Sorry for the delayed response on my part. You weren't able to edit your signature because you were still below a certain post count. Looks like you got it straightened out.

• Like 1

@Chad  Any way to make it where no pictures show in a quoted message per chance?  I'm not much on web design or software development stuff....just a network administrator for the city I'm in.  But didn't know if there was something that could be done with a script or code that tells it not to include IMG, jpg, or however they are tagged, in a quoted message so it doesn't make for a huge reply when all someone writes is a 2 word reply or an emoticon.  lol.  Just curious.

33 minutes ago, avguytx said:

in a quoted mess

lol... just typing another method here... being the one that enable's the essence of a reply to a reply utilizing the mouse and a highlighted click... although, using the backspace key for the editing function afterwards in a post is worthy, a pic at a time carefully removed for easy reading thereafter ie… technique's evolve....

• Administrators

Yeah it's really up to the person doing the quoting to be considerate when doing so.

There is a function in place to limit the amount of "re-quotes" for quoting things that quote other posts though. I know that's not what you are talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

@Chad  Any way to make it where no pictures show in a quoted message per chance?  I'm not much on web design or software development stuff....just a network administrator for the city I'm in.  But didn't know if there was something that could be done with a script or code that tells it not to include IMG, jpg, or however they are tagged, in a quoted message so it doesn't make for a huge reply when all someone writes is a 2 word reply or an emoticon.  lol.  Just curious.

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

Yeah it's really up to the person doing the quoting to be considerate when doing so.

There is a function in place to limit the amount of "re-quotes" for quoting things that quote other posts though. I know that's not what you are talking about.

lol :)

44 minutes ago, windashine said:

lol... just typing another method here... being the one that enable's the essence of a reply to a reply utilizing the mouse and a highlighted click... although, using the backspace key for the editing function afterwards in a post is worthy, a pic at a time carefully removed for easy reading thereafter ie… technique's evolve....

That's the way I always do it as i don't feel the need for the entire message, especially pictures, the be re-quoted again, and again, etc.  That's the most simple and, as Chad mentioned, considerate way of doing it to where it doesn't make a thread tiresome to read through.

23 hours ago, Chad said:

Sorry for the delayed response on my part. You weren't able to edit your signature because you were still below a certain post count. Looks like you got it straightened out.

No problem. I still don't have access to it. What's the post threshold here to be considered a full on member?