SOLD---Dallas Ft. Worth -- Klipsch La Scala 1989 Sequential Serial Numbers W/ Original and Crites crossover $2200 OBO---SOLD

pioneerhip

Selling my pair of 1989 klipsch La Scalas. They come with the original type Al crossover. I purchased the Crites A/4500 crossovers and CT120 tweeters. ($455 total when I purchased them) I also had him drop the mids down 3db on the crossovers. This tamed the mids some and brought out more bass. You can reverse this if you would like. I have before and after pictures if you prefer to go back to original Crites settings. The Type AL still sounds good and gives you 2 options when you are listening to them. Both are included in the sale. 

The speakers are still in great shape obviously but aren't perfect. The only real thing that needs to be pointed out, besides the fact that the area that holds the crossovers needs a good dusting, is that the tops have some small areas to take note of. I added a big 2X2 piece of tile with felt on the bottom to the tops of the La Scalas (shown in pictures) This gave me the ability to place a lamp or an amp on the tops without concern for damaging them. 

They Still sound fantastic. Local pickup only. No returns and No refunds. Make me an offer. Enjoy!

20190313_195825.jpg

20190313_200320.jpg

20190313_201112.jpg

• pioneerhip changed the title to Dallas Ft. Worth -- Klipsch La Scala 1989 Sequential Serial Numbers W/ Original and Crites crossover $2300 OBO
  • pioneerhip changed the title to Dallas Ft. Worth -- Klipsch La Scala 1989 Sequential Serial Numbers W/ Original and Crites crossover $2200 OBO
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • pioneerhip changed the title to SOLD---Dallas Ft. Worth -- Klipsch La Scala 1989 Sequential Serial Numbers W/ Original and Crites crossover $2200 OBO---SOLD

Curious - did they go for your asking price? I have a similar vintage with some similar, albeit more expensive part replacements, so I was a bit shocked when I saw your initial ad. I never would have expected to recoup $2200/1900 out of mine, even with the extras.

• 6 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Curious - did they go for your asking price? I have a similar vintage with some similar, albeit more expensive part replacements, so I was a bit shocked when I saw your initial ad. I never would have expected to recoup $2200/1900 out of mine, even with the extras.

Sorry never saw your post. I believe they went for $1500 after everything was said and done. I posted high so someone would make an offer and they could get sold. Everyone like to negotiate price. I didn't want to list at $1500 and someone try and talk me down. 

44 minutes ago, pioneerhip said:

Sorry never saw your post. I believe they went for $1500 after everything was said and done. I posted high so someone would make an offer and they could get sold. Everyone like to negotiate price. I didn't want to list at $1500 and someone try and talk me down. 

thanks!

@wvu80

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

thanks!

Thanks to you as well.  I added the confirmed price to the spreadsheet which brought the LS 1983-99 Average to $1250.  This particular sale had the very nice upgrade from AL to A/4500 and CT 120 tweets.  The $1500 sale price is well worth it to the Buyer.