Sold: QSC PLX 1104

Rivernuggets

Excellent condition, not a scratch anywhere. 100% fully functional. 310 watts per channel at 8ohms, 500 watts at 4.

Comes with power cord, 1/4" to RCA adapters, and original box.

Fan mod already done. The original fan will be included in the sale.

Specifications:

https://www.qsc.com/resource-files/productresources/amp/plx2/q_amp_plx2_specs.pdf

Selling to help save up for a different amp. I've used this off and on with various speaker pairs around the house, with 2 and 3 way Klipsch. Very quiet noise floor and fatigue free listening. I used neutrik speaker wire connectors for the output. Easy to get, Monoprice and others have them.

$425 $350 shipped (& insured) in its original box via FedEx to CONUS only. Prefer Paypal but open to other forms.

Ask any questions. Audio questions.  🙂

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

• Like 1

Got a PM from a kind forum member showing me this on Eslay. That listing ended Feb 14th, and did not show up when I checked completed sales before listing this one. What I did see were two completed listings that were in the $600s, so I thought I was good to go.

$279.99 is considerably lower than I was thinking and less than I paid. Still, willing to drop the price.

$350 Shipped. This is in minty condition.

Other (non-pro) amps will be up for sale soon.

3 hours ago, Deang said:

Why is this amp still for sale?

People, this thing is a sleeper, some of the best SS I've heard. Kicked the crap out of a Bryston 3B-ST I compared it against.

Never owned Bryston, but very happy with the sound of this amp. Back and forth many times before listing it!

7 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thought a great deal about going that route for my HT, but just too many turning on of switches. 😃

I have the L,R and C switched on my Furman so they come on automatically for normal TV.  When I want the sides and rears I actually have to reach in and flip 2 switches.  It's exhausting.  ;  )

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thought a great deal about going that route for my HT, but just too many turning on of switches. 😃

Many AVRs have an outlet for a 12 volt trigger.  My Yamaha RX-A2060 has one, and both MX-D1 amps have input and output 12 volt sockets.  It was easy to just run a mono 1/8" cable (only a few dollars at The Source) from the receiver to one power amp, and a second cable from that power amp to the second amp.  A 12V signal from the receiver controls the power amps' power On/Off.

Now, when I turn on the receiver, it turns on both power amps.  When I turn off the receiver, both power amps turn off, too.  Very simple!

As for the Neutrik connectors, I highly recommend them.  I bought a pair of Belle Klipsches from UVic, and they'd been fitted with Neutrik connectors for their inputs.  The local pro audio shop had the right 4-conductor Neutrik connectors, and a male-female set cost me under $10.  They make a very electrically and physically secure connection, since they have a sliding lock.  With the ability to use 4 conductors, you only need one connector (using just two of the sockets in the connector) to connect your speaker cable to the speaker, and it only fits one way, so if necessary you can reach blindly around the back of the speaker and safely and easily connect or disconnect it.  There are no exposed conductors.

Neutrik makes a variety of connectors, for speakers, amplifiers, and so on.  They're an upgrade in every way, plus they're very inexpensive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

A 12V signal from the receiver controls the power amps' power On/Off.

I use a 12V trigger for turning on 3 ATI's. Totally agree, slicker than $@#%.  These QSC pro amps do not have that option. 

There are some power strips out there that can successively turn on its outlets in a sequence. Haven't looked into it but that would work.

Is that what you're talking about Carl with your Furman?

• Like 1