Powered wireless speakers?

DizRotus

A friend has asked for a recommendation regarding small powered wireless speakers to use with an iPad Pro.   I have no personal experience with such speakers.  Anyone have recommendations based upon personal experience?  Need not be Klipsch, but Klipsch are preferred.

My wife spent 30ish bucks at Walmart on something for the boy.  It's about the size of a 30' tape measure and for its purpose sounds pretty damn good.  From what I've seen over the past several months on this forum, Klipsch ain't (even close to) "all that" in terms of electronics.  That in itself would compel me to broaden my horizons.  No way I can (or would) make any recommendations, just wanted to toss a little fodder into the trough.

the KEF LS50 Wireless Speakers are audiophile amazing -- I added a decent size HSU sub to complete the kit and i play it thru my Mcbook Pro for my near field listening over spotify premium and it sounds amazing - 

Had Audio Engine speakers before the KEFs - they sound good too but are not in the same league as the LS50 wireless setup - I now use them for my rear surrounds on my living room system

Vanatoo.....best powered speaker I ever heard.

Heard them at Axpona.....kept looking around the room for a subwoofer...... Totally blew me away......My buddy liked them so much.....He ordered a pair that day.......Still has them.......

Not truely wireless.....though.

Truley wireless... Paradigm PW

George

@DizRotus   Neil, are they meaning bluetooth or regular wireless so the can stream higher fidelity? We had a jbl Charge 3 that worked very well. My younger son had two of the Charge 2 model, and used them for muzic at his wedding reception. The JBL app lets you hook up multiple units and assign left/right to them.

We could used ours for days without recharging, as well.

Bruce

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

@DizRotus   Neil, are they meaning bluetooth or regular wireless so the can stream higher fidelity? We had a jbl Charge 3 that worked very well. My younger son had two of the Charge 2 model, and used them for muzic at his wedding reception. The JBL app lets you hook up multiple units and assign left/right to them.

We could used ours for days without recharging, as well.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.  They want Bluetooth capability to be able to play music, streamed or otherwise, from laptops, iPads, phones, etc.

Ok, we gave the JBL to one of stepsons, but intend to get another.  i've not heard any others, but we liked it. You can also use a wired connection on it ( 1/8 inch) and plug in a phone or tablet to charge. It may be worth checking out.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:28 PM, NADman said:

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/klipsch-promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

I've had these for a couple of yrs now and am very satisfied with the quality and sound-for the price.

I agree.  I’ve had two pairs hooked up to computers.  I probably listen to more music through these than any other speakers.  In the nearfield setup on either side of the monitor, it’s almost like using headphones.  The sub placed under the desk adds just the right impact, but I have it turned all the way down; any more gain sounds tubby.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  My friend bought a Bluetooth ProMedia 2.1 set.

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I agree.  I’ve had two pairs hooked up to computers.  I probably listen to more music through these than any other speakers.  In the nearfield setup on either side of the monitor, it’s almost like using headphones.  The sub placed under the desk adds just the right impact, but I have it turned all the way down; any more gain sounds tubby.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  My friend bought a Bluetooth ProMedia 2.1 set.

I agree about the sub (tubby). Wish it wasn't on the floor under my desk. Cleaning-dusting around it sucks. Plus I keep stubbing my toes.

Bit of a mess but they are here somewhere.

IMG_1013.JPG