What Is It About Klipsch?

jazzer

52 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You can guys can say that all you want, I've experienced it. My jaw literally hit the floor.  Wall to Wall, ceiling to floor Soundstage from MY OWN RECORDINGS THAT I BROUGHT blew my mind!   I have not experienced it since. This was on a pair of Dali megaline speakers. Pardon my French but HOLY SHIT did that burn a memory in my mind for the rest of my life.  Haven't even gotten close since.  Sorry klipsch guys.   You have it?  Let me hear it.   Proowbly 8 feet from back wall and t feet from each side wall (huge room) and you could feel the bass as the volume increased.   AMAZING.  Danish amps and Preamps, would have to think of the name... 

I think you are confusing room reflections with actual speaker output, myself!  EIGHT feet out from the back wall????

1 minute ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I think you are confusing room reflections with actual to speaker output, myself!

I don't even understand what you are trying to say, try again please.   The scenario I provided completely elimated room reflections (as close as can be possible). I failed to mention extensive electrical work, isolated room off of the house and compete room treatment.   Maybe that will help you with your comment? 

22 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I don't even understand what you are trying to say, try again please.   The scenario I provided completely elimated room reflections (as close as can be possible). I failed to mention extensive electrical work, isolated room off of the house and compete room treatment.   Maybe that will help you with your comment? 

If you think YOU are having difficulty understanding what I WROTE, how do you feel about MY DIFFICULTY understanding what YOU wrote in your last post????  GEEZ!!! Talk about "AMAZING", that is the most amazing thing I have tried to decipher on the internet all week...except maybe for AOC's rambling bullcrap!

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

If you think YOU are having difficulty understanding what I WROTE, how do you feel about MY DIFFICULTY understanding what YOU wrote in your last post????  GEEZ!!! Talk about "AMAZING", that is the most amazing thing I have tried to decipher on the internet all week...except maybe for AOC's rambling bullcrap!

Yes, middle of the room. What is being confused about room reflections and output?  The only one confused is you.   Have you not heard such a "hifI" setup?   It's quite common.   Just go to a hifI show or someone that claims to be a hifI snob, I have seen and heard several such setups.   I clearly understand the benefits, but there are many trade offs.   Not sure what is unclear about that?  The hell does output have to do with that?  He had amplification to blow you out of the room if that is what you wanted.  What's your point? 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 11:41 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

Except for the initial direct sound heard from the loudspeaker all the rest of the acoustical energy heard is via room reflections and room modes and these can easily swamp/degrade any loudspeaker and is why PWK long ago suggested as much attention be paid to the room as was given to the loudspeaker chosen if accurate sound reproduction is your goal.

miketn

Hear hear, tell it my brutha from a different mutha!! I've pretty experienced ALL of the speaker types in different homes, dealers, shows, etc. (hundreds) with a list too long to mention, and most on the list forgotten, including "audiophile" speakers, which are, most times, overpriced. I keep coming back to ALL HORNS because of the EMOTIONAL connection that they create when "dynamic realism," for lack of a better term, Trumps all other speaker characteristics in a huge way.  The only MINIATURE speakers I have in my HT setups are Heresys (commercial versions and my own Super Heresy 2.0 Modification) for surround channels only. Everything else is ALL Horns with 65 drivers singing in unison and harmony! Watt for Watt, Klipsch is the very best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes, middle of the room. What is being confused about room reflections and output?  The only one confused is you.   Have you not heard such a "hifI" setup?   It's quite common.   Just go to a hifI show or someone that claims to be a hifI snob, I have seen and heard several such setups.   I clearly understand the benefits, but there are many trade offs.   Not sure what is unclear about that?  The hell does output have to do with that?  He had amplification to blow you out of the room if that is what you wanted.  What's your point? 

HERE IS what I  DO understand:  I DO UNDERSTAND that you just don't like the Klipsch Heritage line of speakers or anything else made by the company.  PERIOD!  What I DO NOT understand is why you came onto a forum provided by Klipsch corporate to spout off about it!  PERIOD!   BUT, to each his own!  PERIOD!  NUFF SAID!  PERIOD!

54 minutes ago, glens said:

If you want to limit yourself to one listening spot, Magnepans can envelope you as good as anything, but (again) the many tradeoffs just ain't worth it.

I disagree with the terminology here. It's not envelopment, it's a Hyper 3D effect of Open Baffle speakers because they are Dipole and use the front wall as out of phase information. My best friend had designed some really fine Award Winning, OB speakers with Planar Magnetic Drivers that do this very well. They were inspired by 2 different pairs of my Carver Amazing Speakers that use similar configurations. Most of the music sounds like it's coming from BEHIND the wall rather than FROM the wall. Many other trained ears have agree with this in my spaces as well as his. If you are willing to join the "Kilowatt Power Amp Brigade" to compensate for the 86 db INEFFICIENCY, they do sound wonderful as well. I say you should own them all at one point or another, but you will always have Horns or come back to them!!

Just now, HDBRbuilder said:

HERE IS what I  DO understand:  I DO UNDERSTAND that you just don't like the Klipsch Heritage line of speakers or anything else made by the company.  PERIOD!  What I DO NOT understand is why you came onto a forum provided by Klipsch corporate to spout off about it!  PERIOD!   BUT, to each his own!  PERIOD!  NUFF SAID!  PERIOD!

The hell are you talking about? I currently own multiple sets of Klipsch speakers and have clearly stated that I understand why such systems I mentioned are what they are.   They ARE NOT for me and I cannot afford them. I love klipsch, have left and came back to the brand multiple times and I'm here to stay.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Honestly, I know exactly what you are talking about AND it doesn't bother me.   The other speakers you mentioned have MAJOR tradeoffs.  I don't consider Soundstage depth a major tradeoff when the speakers also can do the vast majority of what else I want.   Tradeoffs, I'll take the downfall ypu mentioned for the several positives any day.  Been there, done that.   If I go back in the direction you stated?  Dynaudio and Dali all day long for me.  

Actually, it was kink56 who said what you quoted, not me.  I was quoting him.

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

The hell are you talking about? I currently own multiple sets of Klipsch speakers and have clearly stated that I understand why such systems I mentioned are what they are.   They ARE NOT for me and I cannot afford them. I love klipsch, have left and came back to the brand multiple times and I'm here to stay.   

Then act like it...PERIOD!

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Then act like it...PERIOD!

Ok buddy. I think there was a miscommunication, perhaps on my part?  I've been here for more than a couple days and made more than a couple posts on here.  I've bought and sold a couple things here.   Been into klipsch for almost 20 years now (and I'm not that old).   Relax, I am on your side (though it seems not currently?) 

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Ummmmm, the hell is someone supposed to say to that?   You wanna add sowmthing or....?

Just having fun deciphering the communication breakdown by multiple parties in this thread. Just hoping to lighten things up in here.

giphy.gif

Just now, 314carpenter said:

Just having fun deciphering the communication breakdown by multiple parties in this thread. Just hoping to lighten things up in here.

giphy.gif

All good. I made a point about speakers OTHER than Klipsch IMO relevant to content being discussed and somehow I hate klipsch?   You wanna help me out with that?   Did I mention that I ONLY own klipsch speakers?   Did I mention also that I DO NOT want to buy anything else?   

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You wanna help me out with that?   Did I mention that I ONLY own klipsch speakers?   Did I mention also that I DO NOT want to buy anything else?   

You got plenty of credibility in my book. Just between you and me, ssshhh don't tell the others, I own and buy more than only Klipsch products. To show my allegiance this coming weekend, Klipsch will be my first stop at the Axpona 2019 audio expo in Chicago, Illinois

• Haha 1