WTB: NOSValves NBS preamp

Audible Nectar

4 hours ago, Audible Nectar said:

I tried that already 🙂 I'll give this search some time and maybe try again 🙂

Let's pool our money and get a few others in on it for say a limited edition run of 5 and make it worth Craig's while. Everyone has their price, right? I'll even deliver any and all along the way from Detroit area of Michigan to east coast (Philly to DC) so no worries on shipping once they are built and out the door. That has to cover Toledo (yuck), Cleveland, Pittsburg, Harrisburg, Philly, Baltimore, D.C.

Come on @NOSValves Craig

3 hours ago, Schu said:

What I thought was, isn't there an off the shelf chassis that would work for a limited run?

Agree, I don't think the chassis is as big a deal as the guts. I know next to nothing about these things, but would think if all Point to Point wiring it just needs to be big enough in some manor. If using a printed circuit board obviously it has to fit the dimensions of the board.

How about a limited edition NOSValves phono stage and no preamp? Any takers. I'll start the Kick Starter page ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://echohifi.com/details/13527/NOS-Valves_NBS

Exciting news, Echo Audio is moving! So as of April 19th, we will no longer accept items for service. Our last day downtown will be Saturday June 8th. More details to follow!

NOS Valves NBS

NOS Valves NBS13527-small.jpg13527_2-small.jpg13527_3-small.jpg13527_4-small.jpg

Tube preamplifier with Moving magnet phono stage. You have to love a company who names a preamp "NBS for "No Bullshit".
Info

Manufacturer website
Retail Price Echo Price Condition
$2,250 $1,395

8/10

Purchase this item

Subscribe

Store hours: Tuesday – Saturday | 12pm – 6pm

Phone 888.248.ECHO (3246) or 503.223.2292  /  Email info@echohifi.com

1015 SW Washington St. Portland Oregon 97205

fb-logo.gif
instagram-logo.png
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Tube preamplifier with Moving magnet phono stage. You have to love a company who names a preamp "NBS for "No Bullshit"

3 hours ago, thebes said:

Note that the listed NBS does not, not, have a SUT despite the info link offered in the listing that says it has a step-up.

but the seller tells you it's a mm.

I see what he's saying now... the reference link IS NOT the same unit as is for sale. That's not good. There is nothing wrong with the unit for sale, it's just not with the MC section from Craig.

There is also... no cherry case.

So the reference photos from the link is not a photo of the internals either.