WTB: NOSValves NBS preamp

Audible Nectar

20 hours ago, Audible Nectar said:

I found my preamp so no longer in need. Have no clue as to the legitimacy of this ad but if it is I wouldn't pass it up on the basis of case missing alone, as rare as they are.....

sold..

https://echohifi.com/just_arrived.php?c=1#initswap#initswap

NOS Valves NBS13527-small.jpg13527_2-small.jpg13527_3-small.jpg13527_4-small.jpg

Tube preamplifier with Moving magnet phono stage. You have to love a company who names a preamp "NBS for "No Bullshit".
Info

Manufacturer website

Retail Price Echo Price Condition
$2,250 $1,395

8/10

Recently Sold

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Is he still around?

I'm still around, but haven't contributed to the forum in quite awhile. I have a curly maple NBS case in an antique cherry stain. Last of the NBS casework.

Tom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tk49 said:

I'm still around, but haven't contributed to the forum in quite awhile. I have a curly maple NBS case in an antique cherry stain. Last of the NBS casework.

Tom

I sent you a PM

19 minutes ago, tk49 said:

Yes, that was one of the most beautiful pieces of walnut I've come across. It went with a matched a pair of VRD's chassis' I built. Unfortunately they got broken up.😪

tk

Yeah... that would be a real shame.

40584642414_2d42a0faf9_k.jpg

40401998745_7ae0fa60b0_k.jpg

43331359651_7d8e581b63_k.jpg

If the listing is honest that was a great price. A lack of a wood case or a SUT is no reason not to grab is at that price. I just hope the listing is legit for whomever did buy it.  

Tom is still available to build a cabinet and the same SUT as I installed inside the preamp can be ordered for external use from  K & K Audio. 

12 hours ago, NOSValves said:

If the listing is honest that was a great price. A lack of a wood case or a SUT is no reason not to grab is at that price. I just hope the listing is legit for whomever did buy it.  

It was legit. Echo Audio is a brick and mortar shop in Portland. I have bought a couple of components from them, over the years, and have visited the few times I've found myself in Oregon. They are great to deal with, usually very fairly priced, and know how to pack.

I saw the ad when the NBS was still available, and briefly considered it. Alas, I need another preamp like I need another amp, or another pair of speakers.