Herery cornscala.

I’ve used in my smaller cornscala and loved the results. But needed to go small.  Bob offers a  similar heresy but uses the middle of the two sizes of that’s faital horn. I assume it crosses around 1200hz. The big horn can be crossed as low as 500hz but I wanted to go with Faital loading recommendation of 800hz  bighorn big sound. 

That would probably be the Faital STH102 horn that Bob offers.

I use a pair of STH100 horns with HF105 drivers in my homebrew speakers. They sound rather good using a cheap Lafayette 10" Alnico woofer with a two inch voice coil, with the cut-off at 2kHz. The plan was to buy Eminence Delta 12LFa to use in the cabinets, because 3.5 cubic feet volume is about optimum for the Delta 12LFa.

That got sidetracked because I purchased the LTH142 horns for a good price, and will go ahead and purchase HF140 drivers.

I may have sell the STH100/HF105 horn driver combo to make up the difference, but this will open up more options.

I can start off with using my existing Cornwalls to get a primitive Cornscala D.

Or down the road buy the Delta 12LFa, and pretty much do the same speaker set-up you are doing.

The end goal is to have cabinets made for my Fostex L475 Lab Series woofers, to use for a Cornscala D variation.

Mike

resized homebrew speakers.jpg