Need Help with 7.1 setup

Abittencookie

4 minutes ago, Abittencookie said:

I honestly don't have a solid answer I believe mid, but I'm just as confused as you there haha

I think the bottom line for you is those RF-82's are now looking pretty good.  That seems like a solid choice for L/R and moving the RF-62's to the side would not be the worst choice.

I am constantly moving speakers around, trying non-standard configurations and I've learned a lot and been pleasantly surprised in a lot of cases.  Let us know how this all works out for you.  :emotion-21:

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

That seems like a solid choice for L/R and moving the RF-62's to the side would not be the worst choice.

Fwiw, it's his best choice, imo. ;) I will add the caveat if you have several rows of seats or irregular placement of chairs the WDST speakers work quite well. We use them in a 5.1 setup in a workout area that we turn into a Home Theater with projector. :)

9 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

The RB-75 is a large bookshelf speaker voice-matched to the RF-7s using the same size horn which makes it different than other bookshelf speakers. Insofar as the OP is concerned it seems like he is doing what I did which was raise the side surround towers. This pic is of the RF-3s put on footstools with tiles to make it look nicer: surleft2.jpg

Just out of curiosity how does it sound lifted on the footstool?

11 hours ago, Abittencookie said:

Just out of curiosity how does it sound lifted on the footstool?

Great! Because they are off the floor they don't have as much low end but we have a front RSW-12 and a rear RSW-15 that balances out the sound quite nicely. Fwiw, I now use the RB-75s as surrounds and rears and the RF-3s came in a close second to our preference because of the AVR/Dolby PLIIz matrixing the rear soundstage. 

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Great! Because they are off the floor they don't have as much low end but we have a front RSW-12 and a rear RSW-15 that balances out the sound quite nicely. Fwiw, I now use the RB-75s as surrounds and rears and the RF-3s came in a close second to our preference because of the AVR/Dolby PLIIz matrixing the rear soundstage. 

I'll be making stands tomorrow and be sure to let you all know how everything sounds. I ended up grabbing the RF-82s 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, Zen Traveler said:

Not sure if someone will have my answer to this but my RF600s are feetless. Is it possible to spike where the feet were instead of replacing them?