Integrated with RF-7II's

Codyred

I'm using RF 7 II's in stereo, most of the time with a subwoofer, lately trying them without the sub to see what they can do alone. In the past I've had the NAD C375bee, and while it was fuller and had pretty good bass, it was not refined enough and lacked a little in the clarity department.  Used to have the Yamaha AS 2000 driving them. This was a much more refined sound . The first unit I had to return after it stopped working.  It had pretty good bass heft (with a sub), though on the leaner side of the spectrum. I replaced it with another AS2000 and it didn't have as much bass impact-even with a sub as the first one. I eventually sold the AS 2000. Anyone heard the RF7II's with any of these quality integrateds and what did you think?

Vincent SV-237mk
Musical Fidelity M6si 
Yamaha A-S1100 
Parasound Hint 6 or Halo
Krell S-300i
Musical Fidelity A5

Thanks

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well, that's a second Klipsch dealers opinion, must be something to it, I always like it more when the exact combination was tried. 

To be fair, I always take what a dealer says with a grain of salt. That doesn't mean I don't value their opinion but realize they also have a vested interest. 

Hey @Codyred,

I just realized that we shared some thoughts in another thread:  

You've obviously done extensive research on modern integrated amps, and I'm certain they are good products.  I wish I could hear them all. 

I'm a fan of vintage tube amps.   Additionally, I have one modern single-ended-pentode amp that was hand-built by Dennis Had called Inspire “Fire Bottle” SE Stereo Tube Amplifier HO.  I drive it directly from an Oppo UDP-205.   (No pre-amp – I’m using the Oppo's built-in "pre-amp" functionality.)  With 6L6GC, my Inspire amp is probably putting out 8 wpc, which isn't quite enough for large scale orchestral music, but sounds good with jazz and big band - especially if augmented by powered subwoofers connected to the Oppo (which off-loads the power-hungry bass from the main amp and speakers).   My only point is that for music that doesn't have a lot of dynamic range, in an average size room, at moderate listening levels, a lot of power isn't needed for the RF-7II.   OTOH, for the large-scale classical music that I like, a PP tube amp with 30 wpc plus dual powered subs will deliver a near-concert-hall-experience for large scale classical music and opera.

Of course, in a large room, and/or at “ear bleed” loudness, exponentially more power would be needed.

Where do you live?  Perhaps it would be useful for you to hear your music on someone else’s RF-7IIs.    I encourage you to listen to a variety of tube amps with the RF-7II.   (FWIW, I think 6L6GC sound good with RF-7II ...)

I've only had my Parasound Halo P5 and A23 for 3 days (of heavy listening) so take this with a grain of salt as I am still in the new gear honeymoon stage and therefore may find things I'm not happy with and/or develop deep seated resentment for certain flaws as the marriage matures 🙄.  I think the combo with my modded RF7 series 1s is pretty awesome.  I hear the Halo integrated preamp is a P5 with a better DAC.   And you get some more wattage compared to the 23.  My only complaint is in the midrange.  Just a tad bit muted to me on some passages.