Custom Ebay Khorns

haydukej

Not mine in anyway, but did I say they were "custom":) pending reserve.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Klipschorn-K-horn-Pair-of-Speakers/273764478180?hash=item3fbda26ce4:g:kbcAAOSwfHBcjSCq&frcectupt=true

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f82d196d910945e1a97bc48ba584ea17.jpg

The rear pictures appear that they still utilized the K400/01 factory horn, but perhaps veneered the interior. I'm a layman , but that potentially affects the performance, yes?

The ad copy says " Maintained original integrity and can easily be converted back to original if desired.  "  What the heck does that mean?  Is it a box inside a box?

+++

The auction has been up for a week and it ends 7.5 hour from now, today Tuesday March 26 at 4:57pm.  There are zero bids at $5,000, "reserve not yet met."  Even with the custom veneer job that's a lot for 1974 Khorns.

Certainly not my cup of tea.  In some ways, I admire the willingness to push the envelope aesthetically, but you certainly limit the resale market.

It’s similar with houses.  There is a large extremely contemporary home near me that is surrounded by more traditional homes, all in the million dollar plus price range.  The contemporary home is probably spectacular on the inside, but from the outside it’s a concrete box.  It looks more like a prison or power substation than a luxury home.

Whether with speakers or houses, finding the outlier buyers with the resources and same sense of unusual style is a real challenge.