Salon Audio MONTREAL Audio Fest

I had the pleasure of escaping the family for a few hours to attend the Montreal Audio Fest on Sunday. Not having read the list of companies that were present I had little hopes of hearing anything from Klipsch. My friends and I were on the hunt for horn speakers, which were few and far between. We eventually found the Klipsch room and it did not disappoint, at least not visually. I wasn't paying much attention to the source and amplification, suffice it to say that whatever amps were setup were HUGE! As in, I wasn't even aware such big amplifiers existed... They had setup the latest Klipschorns (pulled away from the corners by a couple of feet) and were displaying the entire Heritage lineup on the side wall. It was my first time hearing Khorns and I eagerly sat down expecting them to blow my Lascalas out of the water.  Well... just as the music started playing they were plagued by internet streaming problems! The chap who was selecting the music on his Ipad tried his best to resolve the issue but every time the music started it would cut out shortly after. Attendees were patient for a little while, but eventually just left. I didn't even get a full song in before we had to move on. Hopefully this was the only time this happened to them. Maybe next time Klipsch should opt for more traditional (read stable) source material! In any case, from the short cuts of music I heard, there was more in common than differences between the KHorns and my Lascalas. It was hard to tell just how much lower they dig because of the lack of variety in musical choices, having essentially heard the intro to the same song 5 times or so. The festival ended shortly thereafter so I was unable to go back for a good listen, which is truly unfortunate. We saw and listened to dozens of other speakers and I have to say that the Heritage lineup doesn't look outclassed in the least by all the expensive newfangled speaker designs out there. Wish I had a picture to share, but alas...