Forte 1's-Kansas area ($1200?!)

Imsjry

1 hour ago, Imsjry said:

I found a new listing on Reverb.com for Forte ii's and he also called them "Cherry" so I was curious myself. They do look very "reddish". 

https://reverb.com/item/21035402-klipsch-forte-ii-1989-cherry

OO oiled oak. Really poor stain job with some crap minwax cherry. I would hate to have to fix that F@(%up

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, Imsjry said:

I found a new listing on Reverb.com for Forte ii's and he also called them "Cherry" so I was curious myself. They do look very "reddish". 

https://reverb.com/item/21035402-klipsch-forte-ii-1989-cherry

Stained Oak for sure. That wood grain pattern is distinctive and so are the large pores.

There are a pair of Chorus II for about same price from that area. But the Fortes look good to me. These prices will be going up once Klipsch raises prices according to what I heard. Used market will go into space prices also probably. Today last day to order from Cory to get old prices for new if he has any left.

I have been paying attention to how long it takes to sell an item after it is first listed for sale. . When an identical item sells repeatedly to the first person with the cash in the first hours of listing, he most definelty left money on the table. Almost every single great condition Chorus II listed under $800 has sold within the first 24 hours for the past 2 years. Yet that is still the current average price for Chorus II THANKS to our resident price trackers.  Yes, some examples have sat for a while,  but I think those had some issues, that buyers did not want to deal with, while the others I mentioned did not. Supply has fell so far behind demand, in addition to the vast price differential over buying new, sellers have finally woken up. Supply is still a regional problem though. Now of course the market size is still shrinking, but not as fast as the supply. Forte II are much easier to find. And the best stuff always sells first. I am just fine with market prices trending up. 

In summary, I have been totally unsuccessful in my search for a third pair of Walnut Chorus II that is actually still available when I get a response. The 2 pairs I did manage to buy over the past 2 years required an immediate response, an immediate unplanned trip of over 800 miles RT, and a seller willing to hold them while I traveled. 

It sure does seem like Forte's and Chorus's move really fast when posted and seem to command close to the asking price if they're in good shape.

Thanks to a couple of kind forum folks here, I just purchased a pair Chorus ii's in the Mc Henry, IL area that were posted on Craig's List. I think i contacted the guy within an hour after he posted and was the first. Living three hours away, I spent the day coordinating logistics with him and he said he already had other "for sure" offers. Luckily, I have an awesome friend who lives closer who picked them up for me. I owe him many beers!

Long story short, if you're in the market and already interested, jump on them when you see listings!