Anyone Want To Split a Pair of Epic CF3's. So. Cal.

Shiva

Just testing the waters.  I'm thinking about getting a CF'3 for my center channel and want to know if anyone would like the other one. $600 bucks for the pair, so $300 for anyone who wants the second.   These are version 2's in medium oak.  This is for those rare Epic owners in Southern California primarily, unless you can arrange a shipping service to your location. 

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/eld/d/oceanside-klipsch-epic-cf-3-speakers-in/6839992422.html 

14 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yeah, it's just you. Let me re-ittarate, it's just so those on SOCAL 

Please allow me to reiterate that in a public forum people express opinions and ideas, we see it all the time in just about every post. "Wow, great price" & "Those are in rough shape" are two common examples of opinions stated by individuals not involved in transactions here.

Also, it's clearly not just for those in SOCAL. OP states "...unless you can arrange a shipping service to your location." This implies it's available to most of us.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

Please allow me to reiterate that in a public forum people express opinions and ideas, we see it all the time in just about every post. "Wow, great price" & "Those are in rough shape" are two common examples of opinions stated by individuals not involved in transactions here.

Also, it's clearly not just for those in SOCAL. OP states "...unless you can arrange a shipping service to your location." This implies it's available to most of us.

Cheers.

Relax son, I'm down the street from him 

17 hours ago, mimalmo said:

Maybe it's just me but I think I'd hang onto a spare for the parts, maybe do a center rear or when you sell them to the next person you'll have a matched pair....

Ha,  I have had my CF3's now, for over 17 years.  If I bought both, the spare would be just sitting in the garage, taking up space and collecting dust for the next 10 years or more, most likely.  I am generally not a keeper of the unnecessary and would rather see someone using it during that time.  It would be a most formidable center channel at any price, let alone for $300 bucks.😀

• Like 1

The price is right at Fair Market Value for those CF-3's.  The ad says they were posted 16 days ago.  I'm surprised they were not grabbed almost immediately at that price.

FYI just for fun I once turned my CF-4 on its side.  It made for a tremendous sounding center.

@Shiva is there any chance you could run them in parallel for a 4 Ohm load , using both as a center channel?

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

The price is right at Fair Market Value for those CF-3's.  The ad says they were posted 16 days ago.  I'm surprised they were not grabbed almost immediately at that price.

FYI just for fun I once turned my CF-4 on its side.  It made for a tremendous sounding center.

@Shiva is there any chance you could run them in parallel for a 4 Ohm load , using both as a center channel?

Lol,  I think one Epic is enough and I would also lay it on its side,  I could just squeeze it in there, I believe.   I have no doubt it would be a tremendous center.   This is just for a little overkill amusement.  If it happens easy with someone taking the other, I would probably do it. 

These speakers have been up a long time. he started them at $800.  only recently has he started dropping the price $50 bucks at a time. Last week they were at $650.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1