Clapton's 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival Info

Dave1290

BOOM!  WHAT A LINEUP!  NOTE FIRST SALE DATE FOR TICKETS!  

Eric Clapton revealed the lineup for the 2019 installment of the Crossroads Guitar Festival, which features Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck, Susan Tedeschi and more joining Slowhand. The return of the Crossroads Guitar Festival after six years will take place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas on September 20 – 21.

Bonnie Raitt, Gary Clark Jr., Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton, Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Randolphand Sheryl Crow are among the other guitar heroes on the lineup. Alan Darby, Albert Lee, Andy Fairweather Low, Billy Gibbons, Bradley Walker, Buddy Guy Band, Daniel Santiago, Doyle Bramhall II, Gustavo Santaolalla, James Bay, Jerry Douglas, Jonny Lang, Keb Mo, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Los Lobos, Pedro Martins, Robert Cray, Sonny Landreth, Tom Misch and Vince Gill round out the lineup for the two-day event.

Attendees can expect two different nights of music. While not all artists will perform both nights Eric Clapton most certainly will. EC threw the first Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas and then moved the event to Chicago for 2007 and 2010. The previous event took place in New York City in 2013. Past Crossroads Festivals have featured plenty of surprise and impromptu jams and collaborations.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, April 5 at 10 a.m. CT via Ticketmaster (9/20 / 9/21). Proceeds benefit the Crossroads Centre in Antigua.

• Like 3

That is an impressive lineup, I have seen: Clapton, Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck, Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Los Lobos, Robert Cray & Sonny Landreth. This show would be right up my alley. Los Lobos put on an amazing show, you never know what they will play and Sonny Landreth is a Monster slide player. Enjoy if you go.

• Like 1

I only have 1 of the show DVD's but it has J.J.Cale and Slowhand playing together, oh I wish I had seen those two together.  I saw Sonny Landreth with ... Jimmy Buffett once.  Wow, he can play.  That will be a good concert for sure.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Not quite close enough to catch any guitar picks should anyone throw them, but almost......great seats, was very lucky to get them.

Is Rick Nielsen playing? He can flick a guitar pick a long way 😄