Vintage K-Horns

cooper

These k-horns were my brother's who was a klipsch fanatic. He was battling cancer and passed away 5 years ago . Things were left to me. They have been in a dry finished basement and never moved. they were manufactured in 1992 but don't know when they were purchased. I'm asking $8000 for the pair as is , and for how heavy they are , would have to be local pickup.I live in Rome NY. Serious inquiries only. Thank You.

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

So $8,000 for a 29 year old pair of speakers in the box that have never seen the light of day nor hooked to an amp?  They've never been used?  I'm not going to be the one that gets into the pricing thing about whether it's a good price or not but you might do some research on what used Klipschorns have gone for just for comparison.  Various markets can yield differnet results, though.  (I mean this in the nicest way....not being snarky.  Posting never "sounds/reads" right, it seems)

GLWS

39 minutes ago, avguytx said:

So $8,000 for a 29 year old pair of speakers in the box that have never seen the light of day nor hooked to an amp?  They've never been used?  I'm not going to be the one that gets into the pricing thing about whether it's a good price or not but you might do some research on what used Klipschorns have gone for just for comparison.  Various markets can yield differnet results, though.

GLWS

=== no, you didn’t get into the “pricing thing” but implied everything but. I was waiting for how long someone “wasn’t” going to comment on the price.

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

== no, you didn’t get into the “pricing thing” but implied everything but. I was waiting for how long someone “wasn’t” going to comment on the price.

I was doing the same thing.  ha

Hey, if I had a pair like that, I'd start high and go from there too.  It's like a time capsule of sorts.  There is never anything wrong with putting your price out there and he did.  I also commend him for coming back and adding all that information and great pictures.    👍 

who in their right mind would buy a set of used speakers ( 25 yrs old ) without seeing their condition      regardless of price.

mister Cooper -  you need to unbox them - set them up and take pictures. for all anyone knows there could be anything or anybody in there 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Budman said:

who in their right mind would buy a set of used speakers ( 25 yrs old ) without seeing their condition      regardless of price.

to the OP -  you need to unbox them - set them up and take pictures

And I agree with this, too.  I would personally have to see them before plunking down the cash.  Might as well unbox them now and maybe video it it for the record to show people.  Buying a set unopened that have been stored for 29 years would still lend to the potential for bugs inside, wood drying out from no care of veneer, leaking capacitors, etc.