Help Identifying speakers...

ReSOURCE VT

Hello Everyone,

I run a local Non-Profit in Vermont known as ReSOURCE. We get donations from the local community on a frequent basis. We support local job training and poverty relief through a wide range of programs that are supported through our donors. We receive everything under the sun, from truckloads of unopened appliances that were the wrong color to a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers. We sell our higher end donations on both E-Bay and Craigslist. I did some preliminary research on the donated speakers trying to determine valuation. They are corner models, the ID tag on the back Klipsch Heresy Industrial loudspeaker system, Type HI-SM Serial #2768. 

Before I attempt to sell them online I need to know as mush about them as possible.

Thank you for your consideration and help!

Jeremy Noyes

ReSOURCE Williston VT

Klip1.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

They'll sell right here I'll betcha! 

1.  That is what I was thinking

2.  I'd bet that is what he was hoping!

I don't need them and for a nanosecond, debated on buying them...  they are nice looking!

:emotion-21:

I thought I had a brochure, but no.  As HI-SMs, they should have the heavy cast frame woofer from the HIP (Industrial, ported) and I expect should sell for about the same price.  Have you checked ebay for actual sales? 

Please post a link to your sale site.  Will you ship? 

I have not put these up for sale anywhere. I stumbled on this site trying to identify them so I could determine valuation. It looks as if this place to sell them too. I will move this over to the "For Sale" section.  My question still remains, what is a fair value? They are heavy so the price would have to include shipping. I also have no idea how to describe what they are etc.

Edited by ReSOURCE VT

your ad should say Birch Raw HI-SM which stands for Heresy Industrial - Stage Monitors

you don't need to describe anything more because the pictures tell the story. anybody seriously interested in them will know what they are.

i would take the backs off of both and snap a picture of the insides to make sure they are what the label says

K-77 tweeter

K-55 V midrange

K-42 woofers

HI - crossovers

if i were you i would make a deal with Mark1101 and keep them in the family😁 just saying

If you want to make a deal with me you can skip the disassembly and pictures.  Just send me a private message and we can discuss.

If you want to advertise further I would do what Budman suggests to prove out the product further for those who may desire that.

Gents, these are right up the road from me but I already have four pair of Heresy's but am interested in them.  These are more than likely early 80's models since they have the cast aluminum input plate.  I think $375 to $500 or so is more of a fair price range $700 is high even though they are in great shape. 

I am planning to go up to Williston sometime today and check them out if they are available for viewing.  I would use these as Atmos speakers replacing a pair of black cabinet HIP's that I have.

These are very heavy and very akward and expensive to ship best to drive and pick them up to maintain the condition that they are in.

PM sent.

• Like 1