New Heresy Build

Pats3of4

I like light colors. Either a clear poly or oil.

I really like oil recently. Purchased  some oil finish cherry furniture 15 - 20 years ago and the durability has been outstanding. Plus maintenance is wipe with an oiled cloth every few years. 

Have clear poly  on the mahogany front door and cherry kitchen cabinets. The front door has been higher maintenance. Annual coats of spar varnish had to come off after fifteen years. That was two days getting back to the wood. 

I would oil them. They will darken a little from the oil. The trim and panels will not darken the same. May see the same with a brush on stain. 

The backs arent on.  Used tung oil on then.  Swapped caps with Dayton Audio 2uf, 250 v caps.  Used monster cable throughout.  Acousta foam sheets.  Siliconed all joints.  Added weather seal strip for the back panel.

Purchased really nice binding posts as well.  Made custom stands.

a real contrast to a 1977 pair that were bough with the cabs covered in soray paint, ****, varnish, etc.  I sanded those down to the grain and left the aged patina.  3 coats of poly, new binding posts, new caps.  Very rustic but very cool.

not going to use a center