Bluetooth Headphones?

boom3

Hi,

We need new BT phones. We had the Klipsch noise-cancelling phones (which were not BT) and we can live without noise cancellation.

We are looking for fidelity but also comfort, no tight clamping and ear cushions that don't make us sweat. Most of the time we will be stationary while wearing. Price point? Probably 300 is tops.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

We wound up getting the Sennheiser PXC-550, which is as I understand it is at lighter version of the Momentum, configured for travel. I've worn them for several hours with very little fatigue. The sound quality is very good but I am reluctant to offer opinions based on 63 year old ears that don't respond over 13 KHz any more. I did download the CapTunes app that lets you EQ and add effects. The major downside is that to use the EQ and effects you have to play your locally stored music through the app. Just using iTunes on your phone you get the headphones' intrinsic response, which is fine. My custom EQ via CapTunes has a gentle rise above 8 KHz to compensate for my hearing.

The noise-cancelling feature has not really been tested yet. Hopefully this weekend we will try it with the mower and the next week in air travel.  The telephone function works well, but the first time I used it I started to scratch the back of one ear and disconnected my call. The controls are tiny and not all that intuitive. The swipe up/down for volume is convenient as is the talk-through feature and music pause when headphones are removed.

These are not only Bluetooth but Near Field Communications (NFC). Just remember that these have microphones that can go hot at any moment, so they can pose a privacy risk like any connected device. The voice that announcements sound like the voice of Marina Sirtis ("Counselor Troy").

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...