Chorus ii-Resolve Damage to the Passive Radiator?

Imsjry

Hi Guys. I'm looking at a pair of nice Chorus ii's but it looks like the small center cones on the passive radiator are pushed in a bit. Is this something that can easily be fixed? I see a repair kit on Ebay from Simply Speakers but the job may be over my skill set. 

Also wondering how much this would impact the sound the way they are? 

Thanks in advance all. 

IMG_4995.jpg

I have a pair of perfect Chorus IIs that were one owner sitting in my front room while I do some work elsewhere.  One of my wife's friends wanted to bring her little monster over who I have seen damage other people's homes.  We did not let him over.  I showed the speakers to my wife and explained what he will inevitably do.  She understood. 

5 hours ago, Madman1 said:

What will effect the sound in a big way is throwing out that avr and getting a big powerhouse amp or getting a nice tube amp! 😁 

Oh yeah, that AVR is not coming home with me. My Parasound 1200ii and Yamaha CX-1 Pre-amp would laugh at me. 

as others have mentioned, they are just dust caps & wont hurt or change the sound at all.

a little know fact is that simply speakers sells just dust caps that are a perfect match for this style klipsch dust cap for a few bucks each, dont need a full recone to fix this.  they will install right over the existing caps & leave a barely visible seam. or you can carefully cut out the old caps & install the new ones & they will look/fucntion as goood as new.

on these fiber caps, a vac cleaner usually doesnt work to well, the indent & creases are much stronger than the non air tight seal from a vac cleaner.  same with duct tape, majority of the time they will not pull out & if they do, the creases will be visible. 

buy new dust caps or just stick em in the cornere & you will never see them. 

Thanks for the awesome responses guys!

Slightly off topic, anyone have experience with Parasound power amps and Klipsch? I’m hoping it’s a nice match. I do know tubes seem to be preferred but maybe someday I’ll get back into that world.  

I really like the HCA's as well I've had the 1000, 2200 II, 2205 and monster 3500 all sounded very good with my Chorus II's. The little HCA 1000 is really a great bargain amp usually can pick one up for $250-$300 great deal at that price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1