GPA Altec 604-8Hiii with the matching N604 8C Crossover.

Stevenarrow

GPA Altec 604-8Hiii with the matching N604 8C Crossover. This is for a pair of drivers and crossovers.

Drivers and Crossover purchased last year and auditioned in different enclosures. Current model (pictures from web, actual photos to come).

Low hours on all components.

$1,650 USD

$2,200 CDN

Located in Vancouver BC, Canada

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you want to trade for cornwalls? ive had two pairs of both types of speakers, the Altec type is so much better its not even fair...Far more accurate....i dont know  what type of music you listen too, the Altecs demand good recordings.... there is a reason why they were the studio standard for decades..... its like owning and driving an F1 car....

3 hours ago, juniper said:

Are you sure you want to trade for cornwalls? ive had two pairs of both types of speakers, the Altec type is so much better its not even fair...Far more accurate....i dont know  what type of music you listen too, the Altecs demand good recordings.... there is a reason why they were the studio standard for decades..... its like owning and driving an F1 car....

The GPAs are the best Altec 604s Ive heard. I'm just getting out fro most of my DIY projects. Cornwalls would be fun to have around for a while.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i cant believe no one has bought these or traded for them, i think the new price is 1750 a piece and the crossovers are around 400. At the high end show in Munich, Jean Hiraga put this type of speaker in a cabinet and many said that they were the best in the show, he was only charging 38k for them against speakers costing much much more. Bump for one of the most interesting speaker designs ever.....