Been a long time since I have had a good experience at Best Buy like today!!!!!

jordan122345

Okay so this will be kinda long winded but here goes.

I have been putting my system together a piece at a time over the last 3 months or so. Picked up these items in order

Denon avrx4400h New

SVS pb13 Ultra Lightly used 3 yrs warranty left

Emotiva XPA3 Gen3 Lightly used 3 yrs warranty l

Pair of Klipsch RF7iii's New A stock

Klipsch rc64iii New A stock 

Sony X700 4k blu ray New

Got the Sony probably 2 weeks ago and have been dying to hook it up and give it a listen. But I wanted to make sure I had some sort of surge protection before I did so. I researched as much as I could and came up with the Panamax m5300pm as the piece I was gonna buy. On my lunch today I went to Best Buy to pick up the Panamax that I was expecting to pay $479.99 for on sale. I get there and they have it for $431.99 I was thinking to my self amazing I just saved $50. After a pretty decent wait and no help I went looking for someone outside of the Magnolia center. I found a kid and continued to ask some more comparison questions between the 5400,5300,and 5100 models. Still came up with the conclusion that the 5300 is the way to go. The guy takes me to have someone in n the Magnolia center to check inventory and wonderful they are out😡😡😡😡😡.  The guy says you can drive to another store across town and pick it up but I literally have zero time besides my lunch break which was pretty much over between now and Tuesday morning when we leave for Hawaii. And of course I am itching very badly to get this system hooked up. I start looking again at the 5100 and 5400 which the 5100 does not have what I want and the 5400 is $168 more on sale also for $599.99 instead of $799.99 regular price. Now I am getting kinda agitated which the guy can see. I explain the whole time crunch thing and so I asked him is there anything we can do price wise on the 5400. The employee says let me see what I can do I will go ask my manager. He comes back with well good news I told him your scenario and he said he would do the 5400 for $500 for you. I was like well hell I came here and was planning on spending $480 anyways so an extra $20 heck yes I will do that. So long story ends in I will finally get too set up my system this weekend. Sorry for the very long story but wanted to give a big shout out to the Best Buy here in Park Meadows in Lone Tree Colorado.  Now I need to get my basement finished so I can get the rear and side speakers purchased. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

You're probably jamming to those RF-7lll right now......what do you think?

Not yet unfortunately still stuck at work since this morning at.830am. Then gotta be at work all day tomorrow 830am-8pm again. So maybe tomorrow night or sunday 

On 3/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, Ceptorman said:

You're probably jamming to those RF-7lll right now......what do you think?

Ok finally got it all setup and bought Aquaman 4k and wow I am very very impressed as it sounds amazing and the bass in that movie is kinda crazy. Thanks all for the help with setting this all up. Now I just need to get some rear speakers and side speakers and I will be set 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spencersmb said:

@jordan122345 Really cool setup! Where did you end up getting your Emotiva amp? I'm in the market for one and wouldn't mind getting a used one.

Thanks,

Spencer

Thank you very much its turning out pretty good I think  Found the xpa3 on audiogon for a pretty good price I think.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I'm building almost the exact system as well so I can't wait to get mine up and running with an Emotiva amp as well! I found an exp-5 gen 3 for sale that interests me, seller is asking 1450 for , reg price is 1599.00. He says it was used twice, what do you think thats worth? Is that a fair price?

Cheers,

Spencer

Edited by spencersmb

On 4/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, spencersmb said:

Thank you so much! I'm building almost the exact system as well so I can't wait to get mine up and running with an Emotiva amp as well! I found an exp-5 gen 3 for sale that interests me, seller is asking 1450 for , reg price is 1599.00. He says it was used twice, what do you think thats worth? Is that a fair price?

Cheers,

Spencer

Very nice you will love it. In my opinion that us too much for a used amp whether used once or for a year. I got my xpa3 gen 3 for 850 shipped in perfect shape and 3 years left