Solid State Amp Innovation

richieb

=== thumbing through AGon on a boring Saturday I find High Fidelity Cable advertising their mono blocks at $120K retail. And with $120K burning a hole in my pocket I read on to find what makes them so special. And I quote from their Magna Drive Transistor Treatment —

“ Magna Drive uses a powerful magnetic field across the transistor to apply powerful lines of flux through the transistor. This helps to guide electrons at the quantum state and give them a more calculated pathway through the transistor. The result is lower noise, better resolution and greater dynamics”.

What an idiot Ive been thinking Nelson Pass was innovative and produced great sounding gear - come on Pappa and Get With the Program 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anything at the "quantum state' is rad and music sounds much better in that state. Thru magna Transistor Treatment or firing up some "fatties" you can find yourself in that state of mind and music will litteraly blow your mind.

My brain could surely use a more calculated pathway from one place to another. 

• Like 1

Good grief!

Not even the Madmen image.png.a833ebd44582f13ad0da1e6e6bc8ecb0.pngcould dream up some of this stuff.

They must have eaten pickles and watermelon, swigged down grape juice and buttermilk (mixed together), read Hawking's  The Grand Design, fallen asleep and dreamed this.

Magnetic fields are marvelous things.  In America, people move away from EMF, to the degree possible; in Japan people wear magnetic bracelets made by Teac, for their health.  The local health food store sells "magnetic water."  Now it's magnetic guidance counseling for electrons?  I can understand how it might work if you have Philip Glass on your player.  What's next, a revival of animal magnetism?    If you train your cat dog to sit 1/3 of the way between you and the speakers and stare fixedly at you, directing its animal magnetism at your brain, it will enhance your sound at least as well as most ambient field conditioners.

• Like 1

What about the side fumbling? It will make the largest difference if there is enough sinusoidal repleneration to the automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters...or are they grammeaters? 

That’s a non issue. We start with a baseplate of prefabulated ammulite. I thought you knew that.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

That’s a non issue. We start with a baseplate of prefabulated ammulite. I thought you knew that.

Everyone knows that, but these clowns didn't put the girdle spring on the up end. There is no way the lunar waneshaft will stay on the prefabulated ammulite base plate.

• Like 1

Everyone knows that, but these clowns didn't put the girdle spring on the up end. There is no way the lunar waneshaft will stay on the prefabulated ammulite base plate.

I didn’t realize that. What were they thinking? I know what they were probably thinking, the spurving bearings in a lotus-o-deltoid configuration will capture it, but no, we’ve learned so much more since then.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It will stay on the base plate if the graphite coating is from a waveguide machine that's based on an electro-thermodynamic propulsion (ETP) generator.

• Like 1

My concern is that I have a pacemaker, therefore I cannot be close to any electro-magnetic device for fear of shutting down the pacer. The good news is that the electro-pulses the pacemaker puts out aligns the electrons in my house so they can find their way down the right path without all that distortion adding flux running amok.

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

My concern is that I have a pacemaker, therefore I cannot be close to any electro-magnetic device for fear of shutting down the pacer. The good news is that the electro-pulses the pacemaker puts out aligns the electrons in my house so they can find their way down the right path without all that distortion adding flux running amok.

Bovine Sediment to the highest degree presented by the O.P.

It's the ANTITHESIS of a phone interview I just had on Thursday with the great Dr. Carver Mead, Professor Emeritus at Caltech, and father to all modern electronics. He worked with Intel's Gordon Moore in the early days (he's the one who actually coined "Moore's Law," about his friend's Transistors doubling every 18 months at Intel). In 1979, he and Lynne Conway of Xerox PARC, wrote "the book" on VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration on Silicon), titled "Introduction to VLSI Systems"which revolutionized Electronics Design and is used even today. He also invented the Gallium Arsenide transistor (in all our cell phones), Silicon Compilers, founded 20 companies, including Synaptic (where they held 70% of the Laptop Touchpad Market), RFID, Neuromorphic systems, etc.. Pretty much everything electronic today has his signature on it. Just look him up on Google,  Wikipedia, and explore. Read the book "MICROCOSM" the quantum revolution in Economics and Technology by George Gilder and Carver's own "Collective Electrodynamics," (what Carver told me was his "little green book"), both of which I have with his autograph.

My direct involvement with Carver and his team was at Foveon (via internet as Photographer with EE Background), about 20 years ago, where they developed the Foveon Prism Camera, the most advanced (CMOS, Mirrorless and Shutterless) camera in the world. I still have mine, but they went on to develop the world's finest Multilayer, CMOS, Color Sensor, the Foveon X3, now owned by Sigma of Japan. I own 7 cameras total, based on his technology. Nothing touches their ACCURACY in subtle color rendering and micro resolution, just like HORNS!!

The above video was hilarious.