Epic CF-3 vs3 SOLD!!!!

LD2210

11 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:
14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The red/black wires are unique to the version 3.  Due to the s/n, otherwise they are version 2.

yes im aware of the wire differences, thats why i asked for inside pics to see the wires & confirm what version they are.  but based on the serial number, these should be V3.

I know that you know what to look for.  I was just being a know-it-all on the internet because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  B)

/goofy humor

Do we know the exact DOY when the CF-3 and CF-4 s/n indicate version 3?  Is is the same date for both the CF-4 and CF-3?

• Like 1

i know that you know that i know what to look for...  :D 

from what i have read on these speakers they were introduced in spring of 94,  changed to V2 fall of 94 & version 3 was summer of 95.  no mention of exact days or even weeks that i have found... maybe you can start keeping track of serial numbers on for sale epics to narrow down the dates they changed.  on this thread someone mentioned 250 day of 95 being V3.

best we have to go by is the cosmetic changes like port length, gray vs black mid horn & internal wire color. or maybe someone can ask roy @Chief boneheadif theres a record of it ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

maybe you can start keeping track of serial numbers on for sale epics to narrow down the dates they changed. 

I was thinking the same thing.  It will be simple for me to add a note to the spreadsheet indicating dates and versions.

I can then add that info to the Epic Owners thread so hopefully any of us can access the information quickly when needed.

• Like 1